Stuck In The Middle With You

======================================================================================

Six was walking around the area as the others talked near their wagon. "What are we gonna do?" Lia asked pacing back and forth, "I'm not sure if we should do anything" Oritus said crossing his arms.

"Why? Shouldn't we be finding the guys that did this. We need to teach them a lesson" Lia got more fired up as she thought over the situation but Oritus stepped out in front of her. "We are supposed to be protecting El, hunting down a couple of thieves could put her in unnecessary danger" He was right, after all they were running low on supplies so the thieves didn't get much other than scraps. Sure they lost a bit of money but the the wagon was still operational, all they needed was another horse. If they just got the supplies Oritus ordered they could leave by the end of the day with only monetary setbacks.

One thing was bothering Six though, he walked up to the wagon and gazed at the symbol that had been left. "Why would a couple of thieves slaughter a barn of people for a few pieces of cargo?" Six said not asking anyone in particular, Oritus frowned. "Maybe they had gripes with the people here and we just happened to get unlucky" he said trying to offer an answer.

"Could they have thought we had more stuff than we actually did?" Lia said next, Six shook his head at both of them. "I've got a bad feeling about this whole thing, the type of feeling that says we can't just let this go unanswered" He took out a small piece of paper and drew the symbol onto it.

"We gotta find out what this symbol means" he said. "Now hold on a minute, don't forget the whole reason we're here. Do you suppose we're just gonna take El throughout the city hunting for this group" Oritus said standing in front of Six and motioning to Eleanor. Six thought about it for a second, "Ok, let's go get a room at an Inn, then we can discuss the plan there away from this mess" they left the barn and headed for an Inn.

[Relim Inn]

They booked a single room, they weren't planning on staying long so comfort was not needed. The price of the room was cheap and it was on the second floor of the building. The room had two small beds and a table, Six and Oritus checked the beds for any unwanted pests while Lia inspected the other parts of the room.

They found nothing so Eleanor decided to sit down on one of the beds while the others joined together around the table. Six took off his helmet and placed it down in front of him. "Listen, I trust you but you need to explain why we can't just leave this wretched city" Oritus said leaning onto his elbow.

Six leaned forward "I think they might know who Eleanor is, who we are" he said quietly. Oritus grew a worried expression and also leaned in "How can you be sure?" He said quietly.

"I'm not entirely, but look at this whole situation, not even one day spent here and our stuff was ransacked. Plus that symbol makes it seem much deeper than a random occurrence." Lia spoke up next, "Do you think they've been following us?"

Six thought about it for a moment but shook his head, "If they had then they would be very good, but I'm thinking that they are set up here in this city. They must have either been tipped off of our presence or they somehow recognized who we are escorting."

"But why would they leave their groups symbol, if they are truly here for her then wouldn't they want to remain hidden up until they attack fully?" Oritus asked making a good point. Six scratched his neck and leaned back "I dunno, but sitting here won't help. We need to ask around."

"We can ask the local guard for help" Lia suggested but Oritus shot this down "They won't be much help, they turn a blind eye to most things or so I've heard. But that's not my biggest concern" Six furrowed his brow, slightly confused. Seeing this Oritus sighed and motioned over to Eleanor who was sitting on the bed. She noticed them glancing over and gave them a small wave with a reassuring smile despite not knowing what they were discussing.