Cottonwood Cove

======================================================================================

On a rocky outcrop two men were looking down towards the bustling camp below. Crucifixes lined the road towards the camp, if the they had been closer they could make out the sounds of agony that escaped the lips of those who had been hoisted upon them.

One of the men held a hunting rifle up and was looking through the scope. His sunglasses sat comfortably on his face and the blood red 1st Recon Beret on his head showed signs of prominent field wear. His survival armor blended in with the rocks around them aiding to their stealth.

Beside him was another man, rather than a rifle he held a pair of binoculars. He also had a 1st Recon Beret perched on his head but the lower half of his face was hidden under a black respirator. He wore a duster, on the back a flag from the old world was painted on in red, white, and blue.

"Are you sure this is a solid plan" The man holding the hunting rifle said in a monotone voice, a frown was plastered on his face. "You getting cold feet Boone?" The man wearing the duster asked, his voice was slightly muffled from the respirator.

"Just wondering" Boone replied glancing over at him.

"The armor Arcade hooked me up with is more than enough to deal with these guys, you saw how effective it was on the way here" Six said reassuring his friend.

"And what about House?" Boone asked looking back into the scope. "What about him?" Six asked back, doing the same with his binoculars.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm on board with killing these bastards but didn't he want to leave him alive?" Six put down the binoculars and got up.

"He does, but don't care, they die today" Six said with malice in his voice. If it weren't for the fact that the Sun was beaming down on them Boone could have felt the air around them grow ice cold.

Six walked away from the cliff edge towards a small metal shack, the area was filled with empty bottles and rusty tin cans. The thing of value sat in the middle of this shack.

It stood about as tall as a mutant and had blue tesla coils fixed into the outer layer. They crackled slightly and arcs of energy jumped between them as it sat idle.

Six walked around to the back and pushed a button hid underneath the armor. The shoulders rose upward and the back opened up, Six took off his rebreather and stepped into the armor, it closed back around him after he was comfortably inside.

The armors helmet glowed to life, a hud appeared showing him the armors integrity and power core status. Everything was in the green and he tested his movement.

This was the most advanced set of armor he had ever worn and it operated as so. With other of this kind he had always felt slightly clunky but this was almost like a second body around his own. His range of movement was fairly smooth and also posed no issues.

Boone had walked up and whistled "I bet that old fuck is gonna be surprised to see this walk into camp" Six nodded his head, he had a wide grin over his face. The time was finally approaching and his excitement was nearly spilling out of his body.

Six turned around to look at the weapons he had brought for the assault. Boone also looked them over, he picked up the Anti Material Rifle and a small handheld device that looked like a kids toy. "That's only got one shot so make it count" Six said through the helmets speaker.

Six picked out enough explosives and weapons to destroy a small town, which was essentially his plan. He started to walk off towards the road but turned his head towards the 1st Recon sniper. "You got me covered?" Six asked, Boone gave him a nod "Always."