Part 24. You know, its not the same as it was.

Start from the beginning

Emilia perhaps misunderstood...

"Well you won't need to do anything more for me." Said Emilia...

"... What do you mean?.." Asked Subaru...

"I think its time... We say goodbye, Subaru." Said Emilia...

At this moment... Something in subaru snapped...

"No... No, No No. After everything we have gone through..." Subaru began to grow.. a bit mad...

"Subaru, It was only a few weeks..."

"B-BUT! After everything... EVERYTHING I have done for you-" Said Subaru who had died... More times than he can count for her... All for her...

'Thats right... She doesn't know... And I can't tell her... And.. No one can.. But..' 

"I'll make sure to not owe you anything.. Not anymore." Said Emilia... Her tone grew colder and firm..

Subaru attempted to throw a hail Mary.

"Emilia... I can re-.."

Time stopped.

His body felt as if had sunk in a cold bucket of water... As his vision grew darker than dark, as if he had been thrown into a void of madness... And something creeped as it ached his heart...

It all vanished.

Time resumed.

"AHg... Ah... I... I can retu-"

Time stopped.

Subaru could only glance at Emilia's confused expression as the shadows enveloped his body... They felt cold. They felt as if his bones had been turned to ice... And one crept into his heart, as if it tried to grab it..

it all faded away.

Time resumed.

Subaru gasped for air...

"Subaru... I don't know what you can try to do to fix this, But I don't need you... I've never needed you Subaru... So if you aren't helping... Please don't stop me either... I'll make sure everything between us is settled and fair..."

Emilia stood up from her seat...

She glanced at subaru who tried to say something... Yet he didn't... He looked cold and upset..

"Goodbye, Subaru... Thank you for everything." Said Emilia as she exited the door...

Her silver hair was the last thing Subaru saw as he slumped down into the bed...

'... I... I... I can't let that happen as it did...'

Subaru glanced around...

A knife was laid on the table, next to a piece of toast with butter and tea...

His hand shook as he reached out for the knife...

'I'll just... Restart.'

He plunged the knife into his own throat... Pain was the only thing that spread through his body...

Blood stained his robe as he couldn't breathe... He felt cold... He felt...

Dead.

In a flash, he was consumed by a sea of shadows... Yet the next second...

"Goodbye, Subaru... Thank you for everything." Said Emilia as she exited the floor..

He saw her silver hair go through that door...

He was frozen... Did this.. Have no earlier safepoint?...

"Saber, I need you to come here-..."