A Close Encounter Of The CEO-Boss Kind

"Son, it's me," Robert announced once again, knocking on the door.

"Oh shit!" I hissed, frantically fixing my skirt and underwear. Wiping off any residue Jake may have left on me. He was smartly wearing a condom but I had to be sure, I'm paranoid like that. Or was it the fact that my boss, his father, was like, eight feet away? We may never know!

"Relax, relax," Jake said calmly.

The hell? "How can you be so calm?" I ran to the window and tried pushing it out, but it wouldn't budge. "How do you open this freakin' thing!?"

Jake chuckled. "What are you doing, about to jump?" With one gentle push, the window waved outwards and fresh summer air snaked in seamlessly.

Another set of knocking ran through. "Jake, son, open up."

"What am I going to do—what am I going to do—what am I going to do?" I repeated anxiously, hopping up and down, bringing my hands together and to my lips as if I was in prayer.

"We'll explain to him that you were briefing me in on the papers who he gave to you to give to me, and we'll leave it at that."

"He'll never believe that."

"I'm quite lazy when it comes to work so, yeah, I think he will."

I became silent, then: "How about, I hide underneath your desk?"

Jake pulled back and straightened up. "What?"

I nodded vehemently like I was on crack and needed a quick fix. "Yeah, yeah, yeah," I made my way to the large desk, big enough to fit two people underneath, in fact. "Just ignore me."

"Sophia..." Jake began to implore.

"Jake, please. Your father trusts me. Do this...for me?"

He stared at me, eyes flickering between mine and taking me in. Something inside of him ignited and his whole face softened. It was as if invisible sandpaper came to smooth out the rough edges all at once. His cockiness diminished, and his sympathy (or something) appearing.

He shook his head, and the split second in which the softness had appeared had vanished in an instant. The arrogance returning once again. He rolled his eyes and gestured to his desk. I squirmed underneath until I was fitted comfortably, and then Jake opened the door to his office.

I'd never thought that in my life I'd stoop so low as to be so few feet away from my boss and his son, whom I just had amazing office sex with. Although this office scenario was a fantasy come true, I hadn't anticipated worriedly listening out for colleagues catching us; more importantly, I hadn't anticipated Robert walking in immediately after, nearing the desk where I was only moments ago bent over and backwards.

And when Robert finally mentioned my name, my heart dropped and I couldn't even swallow.

"She came in here with some papers, I'm sure." A pause. "Papers which I can see you already have...on the floor." Robert's voice riddled with confusion. "Nevertheless, I've been looking for Sophia, have you seen her?"

I couldn't ask Jake to lie to his father on my behalf, nor did I want him to tell his father the truth. It made me wonder what Jake will do.