Finger Ready On The Trigger

"What are you doing!?" I yelled at Jake. "Get your dick back here!"

Jake laughed humourlessly, shaking his head as he stretched the belt of his jeans and locked it in place. "I am so sick of hearing this guy."

"It was an accident. Let it go."

He scoffed. "An accident."

"Oh, like you've never said the wrong name before. Or any name, for that matter!"

"I'm not mad about that, Sophia."

"You shouldn't even be mad in the first place. What are you even talking about!?"

He rolled his eyes as he reached for his shirt. "The guy. This asshole—"

"—he's not an asshole—"

"—bullshit. He's got more ass than Kim Kardashian! Anyway, not the point. This...guy...is a guy that's hurt you in a tremendous way and you're actually thinking of getting back together with him?" He shook his head in disbelief.

"It's not like that," I shot back.

"Fine—" he flexed his arms as he put them through his shirt— "you tell me then. The fuck does this guy want with you, huh?"

I paused, hesitating. "You ask that like he didn't come back just for me." He lifted his brows and tilted his head once. I narrowed my eyes. "What are you implying, exactly?"

He smiled. "He's up to something. And I don't like it."

"Oh my God," I rolled my eyes, pushing back the covers and getting out of bed. "You're paranoid. For real."

"Where's this guy staying?"

"I told you."

"The Plaza?"

I nodded. "Wait. Why?"

"Because—" he snatched his jacket from the couch and threw it on, JJ was wagging his tail looking like he was ready for a walk with Jake— "I'm going to go and fuck him up." Then he lowered his head to the pup and smiled. "See you soon, JJ."

JJ barked cutely, in a defence stance—front paws stretched out, tiny butt in the air—and Jake laughed.

"Jake! NO! Wait!" But I was too late. He was already out of the door, jogging away. I figured I was already behind in chasing him; that even if I got to The Plaza I wouldn't be there in time. Maybe long enough to see the first punch as I'm running down the hallway.

So what was my next option?

I picked up my Blackberry, finger ready on the call button to JD.

***Q: Should she call JD to warn him? Even to just tell him to leave his room for now?***