My Friend Has The Weirdest Solution To All Of This!

“Marry him! Immediately!” My friend, Angela, kept saying.

I nodded handing her a glass of wine. “Yeah, you’re right. I shouldn’t even be worrying about work or anyone finding out. I should just marry the guy.”

“Quit work and marry the gazilionare and then buy the company.”

I laughed. “It’s like the 50s never existed to you.”

“Who needs history when Mr. Sex-on-a-stick can set you up for the future?”

“Seriously, I need your help,” I pleaded, shaking her at her shoulder. “What do I do?”

Angela chuckled, her voice wobbling as I shook her. “Whatever you do, don’t stop seeing this guy.”

“Jake.”

“Don’t stop seeing Jake,” she said, taking a sip of her wine. Her mouth suctioning air as she curled her lips over the rim of the glass.

I lifted a brow. “Even if I get fired?”

“You won’t get fired.”

I scoffed. “Have you met his father? Do you even know about him?”

“I’ve heard that they don’t get along.”

“Jake is like the playboy of the company. He sleeps with everyone; he treats the company like he’s running it instead of his father; he thinks he’s such a hot shot—”

“You’ve slept with the man, a few times I might add, of course he’s a hot shot. He’s so fucking sexy. And he can’t possibly be sleeping with everyone. That means he’s sleeping with some men.”

I laughed. “I wouldn’t cross that off the list just yet.”

Angela laughed. “Has anyone even found out since you’ve gone back to work?”

I shook my head. “No.”

Angela smiled. “Then you’ve got nothing to worry about. Listen, just for once don’t think about your job. You told me he was the best sex you’ve ever had. As if you leave that kind of thing.”

I grinned, reminiscing. “He was so eager; so keen to do everything and anything to please me.”

Angela lifted her legs up closer to her body. We began tuning out the television as I walked through everything he did. Everything! Jake was the kind of guy that was fearless when it came to not only sex, but life. I heard whispers around the office that he has this kind of adrenaline rush to his name. And knowing his father, anything that is considered wrong by Robert, is deemed a feat to conquer by Jake.

Work had gelled back to the way it was quickly. I had barely come to see Jake before I slept with him; therefore, afterwards didn’t seem like quite a deviation from tradition. Until Robert told me to deliver some papers to his son. Down the hall. In his office.

My heels clacked on the hardwood floors, the echo sounding louder than ever. Each step feeling longer than ever. The double doors were as huge as his father’s; brown with a silver pane in the middle. I knocked on the door, and then opened.

Jake was sitting at his desk, a creased forehead making its appearance. I had never seen him worry in his life. Jake was never worried; he was the laid-back cool guy; a modern imitation of Danny Zuko. He grinned widely as soon as he saw me enter, making me smile. I quickly bit my lip from smiling wider, twisting it back into a polite slightly curved line.

“Your fa—Ro—Robert told me to send this to you,” I slapped the pile of sheets on his table and headed straight for the door.

“Wait!” he called before I could make it through the door. I blame the huge space between the desk and front door.

I contemplated pretending not to hear him, but it was too obvious. I stopped in my tracks and turned. He stood and walked around his desk, leaning on the edge and stuffing his hands into his pockets.

“Come here,” he said gently, “I want to talk to you.”

I giggled. “You can talk to me from there.”

“Fine,” he lifted himself off the desk, “I’ll come to you.” 

Oh, I can’t wait!