It Couldn't Hurt To Ask

“Relax,” he said, brushing my arms, “don’t be so rigid.”

I could barely breathe; I didn’t want it to look like he was having an effect on me but my God it was so hard to not be swayed by him.

“I—I shouldn’t be in here,” I said. “This isn’t right.”

“Goddamn it was so right that night we had sex.”

“Shh!” I frantically hushed him, scanning the closed room, landing my eyes on anywhere but him. His sexy dimples; his coiffed brown hair; the magnum he’s packing and the washboard abs. I wanted to lick every inch of him so badly.

“Relax and then you can go,” he said.

I smiled, lifting a brow. “That challenge wouldn’t bode well in court.”

“Oh come on, Sophia. You need to learn to have some fun.”

“I need to learn to hold my liquor, that’s what I need to learn.”

“Mmm,” he said, pushing me at my stomach, making me walk backwards and hitting the door. His fingertips burning me at my core. “I want more of you, Sophia.”

I turned my head up, my hair bending on the door. I could hear phones ringing; Tom Ford’s and Louboutin’s sounding off; rambling voices and chuckles; deals being made; my heart pounding through my ears and my knees getting weak. “Baby—“ I bit my lip and found Jake peering up through his lashes, cheekily and grinning. I rolled my eyes. “—Whatever. Jake, I mean—” I sighed “—I can’t take this,” I laughed. “You’re just—and I’m just. We’re just not, you know, cohesive.”

Jake chuckled on my neck; making me tremble with tingles. “Cohesive? I want to fuck you, Sophia, not arrange an assassination.”

I laughed. This couldn’t be something that would last, yet it sounded so fun. I had never been in a kind of relationship that was so forthright and honest, there was just something about Jake that was so intriguing, and it made me want to explore more of him. What would happen if we continued along together, down this path of self-destructive pleasure? I wanted Jake so badly, to find out what kind of exciting adventures he’d take me on; but I also didn’t want to be so easily tossed aside. The girl who was used for sex rarely gets what she wants in the end. I had never heard of these kinds of arrangements ending positively, whether it be personally, emotionally, or career-wise, it just didn’t seem smart.

So I had to decline. Right?

Right?

“Just curious,” I shrugged, “how would this work exactly?” 

I mean, it couldn’t hurt to ask.