44

yeonjun's silence is deafening, his arms crossed tightly over his chest as he blankly stares at me. i stand rooted to the spot, uncertainty coursing through me. before i can process what's happening, he's suddenly in front of me, his presence overwhelming.

i meet his gaze, searching for any sign of what he's thinking, but his expression is unreadable, a mask of conflicting emotions.

"i... i was just walking," i stammer, my words faltering as his proximity sends a flurry of emotions through me.

without warning, he reaches out, his hand snaking around my waist in a rough but possessive gesture. i gasp at the suddenness of his touch, caught off guard by the intensity of his action.

his touch sends a jolt of electricity through me, conflicting sensations of desire and apprehension swirling within. i'm torn between pushing him away and melting into his embrace.

"i'm sorry," he murmurs as i watch his gaze darkening, i have a bad premonition. i swallow hard in anticipation as i start losing myself in his dark eyes.

his hand slowly tucks the hair behind my ear, it feels like torture. i feel caged and thirsty. slowly, he cups my jaws to make me look up, bringing his lips painfully close to mine. when he's just centimeter apart, his gazes flicker to my eyes, my jaws drop when i notice his sadistic excitement in his eyes hinting for prolonging this agonizing distance. i lose my mind.

i lean closer to his face, closing any distance that remains, wrapping my hand around him as i pull him closer. pressing my lips against his, but before i can start anything, yeonjun instantly pushes me against the wall as he easily pries open my lips inserting his tongue.

my heart knocks against my ribcage, qs he presses his body against mine. our chests touching, i was feeling his warmth of my skin. heat rushes my face as i try to match his pace, but the way he aggressively sucks my tongue was causing my mind to go blank.

at some point, i stop breathing and when he realizes that he breaks the kiss. i barely catch my breath, adrenaline rushing in my veins. while he presses his forehead against mine still not letting go of my body.

"should i dump him into the ocean? how dare he make you feel uncomfortable? that bastard!" yeonjun clenches his teeth in attempt to calm his anger. he takes a deep breath before stepping back, staring at my face blankly while gently rubbing my throbbing lips with his thumb.

"are you free at the moment?" he asks his tone gradually turning warm.

i nod.

his lips curl up at the corner, "is their anything you want do?"

i struggle to contain my smile as he gently cups my cheeks and runs his fingers through my hair. a sense of security washes over me.

"hmm... how about we go to a concert?" i suggest, reaching for my pendant instinctively, but my hand freezes mid-air. i gasp, realizing it's not there. "m-my pendant?" i whisper, my voice trembling. he looks back at me, his eyes narrowing with confusion, while i glance down at my neck, finding it empty.

"is it something important?" yeonjun asks, his hand gripping my shoulders. tears well up, and i manage a nod.

"it's a keepsake of my parents. i was told that when i came to the orphanage i was wearing it," i explain, tears streaming down my face.

yeonjun gently reached out, his touch light as a feather on my quivering hand. "it's okay, reina," he whispered, his voice a soothing melody amidst the quiet evening sounds. "i promise we'll find it. let's retrace our steps together."

with a deep breath, i nodded, my trust in yeonjun evident in the way my shoulders relaxed ever so slightly. yeonjun instantly turns around his one hand intertwined with mine and his fishes his another hand into his pocket pulling out his phone. while all his focus was diverts towards the phone call he was making.

reina's grins, mischief visible in her eyes. as she recalls taking her pendant of and tying it around her waist. the pendant was adjustable and could be worn around any part of her body. she has promised her mother to never let the pendant seperate from her body even on the missions.

"i have asked my people to look for it, so don't cry!" yeonjun said as he turns to give reina a reassuring smile as he lowers himself to her eye level and reina again wells up tears in her nodding.

"thank you!" she whisper in hoarse voice.

"its alright, my men will find it for you. how about we go and watch concert now. they will bring it here soon!" yeonjun pats reina's hair unaware of her tricks.

both yeonjun and reina reaches the auditorium, and while yeonjun was talking to staff to provide him with best seat. reina's phone buzzes. and it was a text from taehyun.

Taehyun:
damn bitch! what did you
do that all the guards
instantly dispersed?

reina:
what i did is none of your
business.
get the work done quickly
i can't fool for entire day

Taehyun:
yes ma'am!

"who are you talking too?" yeonjun asks suddenly, making me flinch. i quickly switch off my phone and gaze up at him.

"no one! can we go inside?" reina asks and yeonjun smiles before nodding. he raises his arm for reina to entwine with his. she does before they walk inside the auditorium.