01

reina pours the soup and walks over to the empty table with yena at her side. but before they could sit together yena pokes soomin attracting her attention. soomin frowns at first but when she notices where yena is pointing at she hurriedly looks away.

it was taehyun sitting at the table with his friend, hueningkai. a civilian friend like yena. hueningkai waved his hand towards us, yena happily waved back at him. but when i glanced at taehyun he had this pissed off look on his face. i looked away pulling yena to sit in the corner from where taehyun's face wouldn't be visible.

"what did you two fight?" yena probes, she leans forward on the table.
"not really, he wanted me to watch this anime real bad and i said i don't want too," i replied.

"what? why? i'm sure he must have recommended something good," she frowned taking his side as she had a crush on him. i glared at her squinting my eyes. wondering who's friend she is.

we ate our lunch and talked about the gossips of the campus, judging people. when we our conversational contents ended we looked through our phone. and all of it happened in 15 minutes.

i was looking through the group chat messages to see who was partnered with whom. when i finally saw my name in it written in capital letters with my partners name next to it.

reina & yeonjun

why didn't he add our surnames i thought? while i was thinking. yena answered my question.

"looks like professor got lazy he didn't add surnames of those people who have unique name."
"my name is unique?" i narrowed my eyes staring at yena in confusion.
"atleast we don't have anyone with same name as yours in our class. i have and that pyo yena have same name!" she hissed, with a disgusted look on her face.

so i leaned forward pinching her cheeks, "but this yena is the best," i told her in baby voice.
"i know. you won't find anyone like me."
"trust me that's the only reason i put up with a crybaby like you," i implied, she squinted her eyes before punching my arm.
i moaned, "ouch, pig!"
"you are a pig, your whole family is pig."
"aww my piggy got upset. Oink oink!!"

i joked making her annoyed and receiving another punch on my back.
after lunch we made our way to another lecture hall. when i recalled his name and turned to yena to ask about him.

"bro! my partner is yeonjun. he was once your partner right?"
"yeah, you remember?" she asked her eyes fixated on her phone. while, i interlinked my arms guiding her to the class.
"hmm.... what kind of person he is? he will participate in assignment making right? i won't have to do it all alone? and can text me his phone number?"

she stopped staring at her phone and stopped walking, raising her head to stare at me. i raised my eyebrow wondering the reason she stopped.

"wow! that's a lot of questions."
i shrugged and sighed, "dude. i don't know him i want to know everything,"
"okay! he is topper so that's given he is pretty famous. he did help in assigment and even showed up when i wanted to discuss with him. he is sweet as well, but i'm committed to taehyun so anyways."

"just confess to him dude!" i suggested, rolling my eyes.
"i will!" she exclaimed.

"what else? how does he look?" i asked as we continued to walk down the hallway.
"he got decent face, i don't know he is looks like a sweet nerd. you don't remember his face. i introduced you to him,"
"nah! i don't like looking at people taller than me, it feels weird."
"seriously girl. does that mean you don't remember any guys face in our class?"
"no i do. i remember jihun's face!!" i exclaimed.
"he is same height as yours, i never met someone like you." she said in joking disappointed tone. i pursed my lips gazing on the floor.

"text me his number."
"i will text you,"

the day ended and now it was time for me to meet taehyun. i really didn't want to meet him, i don't know after literally denying it for three days staright i was agreeing to it. i felt my pride crushing and tried to save my crushing pride by texting him.

reina:
fine, i'll do it.

taehyun:
i knew it ;)
will drop at your apartment.
see ya later

i rolled my eyes at the text, before exiting his chat. when yena's message popped on my screen and it was a phone number.

yena:
here is his number
text him now
he said he is usually free during
this time

reina
kay, get home safely.

yena:
you too.

i blew out the air as i opened his chat, my heartbeating wildly as i began typing the text. my hands and feet grew cold, while i pressed my body on the bus's seat to calm myself. but it only made the contents of my stomach swirl. i usually feel nervous when sending someone message for the first time. this reaction is pretty normal.

reina:
hi! this is reina your partner
in business law class
contact me when you're free

i

sent him the message and quickly exited all the apps, switching my phone off. a wave of relief washed over me and i glanced outside the window with a sheepish smile on my face. my stoppage came and i got off the bus, and walking two locks down the alley. i reached my miniature apartment.

the reason why i call it miniature is because its really small. but since it was equipped with good amenities, i leased it out. my apartment wasn't bad for me it was my safe haven, but it was too small so it kind of felt congested.

i entered the keycode, and opened the door just to inhale whiffs of cigarette. my eyes darted in the direction of couch and taehyun sat on it with a sheepish smile covering his lips.

"you smoked in my apartment again, right?" i fumed as i paced closer to him, grabbing his collar.

he already had his hands in the air, "i'm sorry! i got bored." he yelped, "i was literally smoking in the balcony, how did you still get the smell?"
"how do you think i became an assassin?"