21

reina followed them from behind, as stealthily as possible. she didn't wanted to be seen or appear suspicious in cameras. those guys turned from the corner, entering into the alley. my eyes darted from one corner of the road to another seeing no shops around as and percisely no cctv. i huffed in annoyance, because these were some skilled assassins to actually chose blindspots of the cctv to attack their victim.

i ran down the pathway, reaching closer to the alley. breathing heavily, i peeked inside from the corner, i saw yeonjun had already knocked out two guys and was busy taking down the other two. but, then i saw the man from diner pointing his gun with silencer fitted it's mouthon yeonjun's back. while yeonjun was to busy to notice. my body moved on it's own, i saw a metal rod placed in the corner near the garbage bin in alley and stealthily moved closer to them, smashing the road on his head.

unfortunate for me, he pulled the trigger before falling, "yeonjun!" all i could do was call his name out to grab his attention.

yeonjun flinched hearing the reina's voice. what is she doing here? and gazed back, as soon as he turned his body. the bullet scratched the side of his biceps, from the impact he stumbled further back falling on the ground. while the bullet struck one of the assassin's man in shoulder and he fell down. 

it was followed by silence. reina stood frozen in the middle of the alley, staring at the guy who just got shot while breathing heavily. yeonjun who finally managed to assess the situation, got up from the ground. reina hearing the sound of scuffling snapped into reality. she threw the rod, purposely stumbled on her feet to fall on the floor.

yeonjun appeared in front of her, "reina! are you okay?"
she trembled, "is he- is he dead?"

yeonjun glanced at the man, who was bleeding profusely. before turning towards reina, he helped her trembling self get up. while reina pretended to be scared by staying frozen, he quickly moved back to pick his bag which was thrown on the ground while confrontation and grabbed reina's by her wrist and began pulling her with him out of the alley.

"c'mon let's leave this place first!" he suggested. meanwhile, reina gazed back at the scene, her eyes full of anger and contempt. it's better if he dies. she thought in her head before yeonjun turned from the corner and guided her away from the alley.

yeonjun made reina sit on the park bench. while she continued to pretend to be in shock, he haunched down in front of her holding her hand own bloodied ones.

"reina! what were you doing there?" yeonjun asked, seriousness evident in his tone.
reina continued to pretend, while squeezing some tears out of her eyes, "i left the diner to return y-your airp-pods which see-seemed to have been exchanged! then, i saw these people dragging you away. i was ab-about to call the police but, then i-i saw that man pointing a g-gu-" and without finishing the sentence, she broke down.

yeonjun rolled his eyes in annoyance, but he didn't have a choice. she was someone who saved his life and might have committed murder in order to do so, he cannot leave her alone right now.

"calm down! it's alright." he said as he squeezed her hands together, attempting to warm her cold hands which was the result of low blood sugar as she had yet to eat anything for the day.

"he is not d-dead right?"
"no he is not." just when yeonjun assured reina.
"real—" reina was about to respond when black dots began appearing in her vision, because of not eating anything.

it didn't take time for yeonjun to notice this, "reina? did you not eat?" he asked and reina nodded her head.

"fuck!" yeonjun cursed under his breath, as he stood up from the ground and rummaged through dirty bag before pulling out a almond milk packet.

"here. drink this. i'll bring you something to eat." he handed her the bottle and rushed to the convinience store he saw while bringing reina to the park.

a small smile appeared on my lips unknowingly, when i held the packet and watched him run. piercing the hole i insterted the straw inside. while i took out my phone.

reina:
heeseungieeee!

heeseungie:
what?

reina:
can you pick up some
chickens for me

chickens was the code word for bodies, that we used in our organisation just in case we ended up loosing our phones and someone goes through our chats. i could feel heeseung sighing, before his reply popped up.

heeseungie:
send me the location.

reina:
'kay keep them alive.

heeseung was actually my cousin, but he was son of my mother's twin sister who died and so my mom was raising him like her own son. so when i arrived heeseung really hated me he thought that i will steal away his mother like aunt from him and this gave rise to conflicts high enough for us to try to kill each other. but after my mother died and we came to know who the killer was. we joined hands of course, with heeseung trying to gain my uncle's favour. by bullying me to gain his loyalty.

i heard the sound of footsteps drawing near me and i knew it was yeonjun, so i dropped my phone in the side pocket of my backpack and made a pitiful expression, while staring in his direction. by now i had finished the almod milk he gave me and was feeling a little less fatigued.

"here! i brought you packed lunch." he placed the box in my hand and sat next to me, breathing heavily. while sweat ran down from his sideburns, mixed with blood that was dripping down from the new wound from his forehead.

i came away with the imbued sense of motherly love, placing the lunch box away. i took out a handkerchief from my bag and extended my hand towards his forehead. when he sudddenly grabbed my wrist, glancing at me.

"you should eat first, i'll do it on my own." he said with a genuine smile on his face.