38

he stood their with his hands in his pocket, his gaze piercing her. all the blood was drained from reina's face, she felt the land being snatched from beneath her feet. it was him, choi freaking yeonjun.

her jaws dropped to the ground, as her pale brown eyes stared at him with aghast expression covering her face. yeonjun completely amused by her expression, as he resisted the urge to pull her in his arms.

he leaned closer to her ear.

reina gasped feeling his lips touching her skin, he asked in his deep husky voice, "why aren't you smiling anymore reina?"

"y-yeon-yeonjun? you're h-here as well?" she asked as a fake smile plastered on her lips.

when did he arrive?

was he standing behind me all this time?

how can i not notice? i'm literally the most feared assassin in under world.

how can i not notice him?

"are you not happy to see me?" he asks in mocking tone. reina was brought back to reality, she flinches in surprise.

"u-um no! i mean yes, i'm happy. i was just so shocked to see you here! i didn't expect you to be here after- after all!"

she stuttered yet again, inwardly rolled her eyes for behaving like a kid in front of him. for a minutes she wondered, how she managed to survive in her profession when she makes mistakes like this.

"really? because, i'm extremely happy to see you here." he whispers as he remove the strand of hair from her face which had fallen out of her messy bun.

she could feel warmth from his finger spreading in her body. his slight touch would ignite her body, her mind would go hazy. she never understood why it happened?

how can his mere touch mean so much to me?

why can't i behave sanely around him?

why does he have so much impact on me? just why?

get a grip!

"me too, i thought i was going to get bored since i came here with taehyun and yena and they were making me feel like a third wheeler," reina pouted as she stepped closer to yeonjun, a honey dripping smile covering her face.

the smile on yeonjun's face finally relaxed, when reina interwind her arms with his, "who was that guy?"

"he was just some random stranger." reina replied, seeing yeonjun smile curl up in a eerie smile, she was aware that she needed to change the topic. her eyes went back to the stain as she walked closer to him, "i didn't even realize you were standing behind me, your shirt got dirty!"

reina mumbled, her soft low voice sounded like that of a child. yeonjun lips twitched at the corner, seeing her 180° behaviour with her.

"it's okay, i can change into another one." he assures her, reina gazes up, her brown eyes meeting his dark orbs, "it isn't your fault, i was the one who couldn't stand watching you talk to another man."

what?

"oh..." she gazed down, her fingers fiddling with the hem of her short white dress, as she feels his burning gaze on her which tinted her cheeks pink, she stood their frozen unaware how to act in this situation?

while yeonjun stood their enjoying her expression switching every minute. absorbing her features, as he stared at her. he recalled his time with vivian, how vivian tried hard to conceal her expression but, he always managed to catch her off gaurd.

reina, you act like you want to claim him, but when in front of him you act like a stupid teenager.

• • •

goosebumps apppearing on taehyun's skin. uneasy feeling settled in his heart, reina? where is she? grim expression clouded his face, reina, heeseung, him and ruri shared a special bond as they overcame the struggles of surviving in the death camp together.

now even slightest thing wrong with one another could be sensed, it was intuition that they had developed back in days to protect one another. this time, this intuition was hinting on something being wrong. without wasting anytime. taehyun excused himself, leaving yena alone.

he made his way to the upper part of the ship, just when he noticed her, his eyes widened before a frown creased on his forehead, anger surged through his body when he saw her talking to him.

damn choi yeonjun!

why does she not understand? he isn't someone she should mess with.

one time is enough.

taehyun clenched his jaws, as he made his way towards the pair. his eyes ablazed now he did want he was avoiding all this time. pulling his phone out of his pocket, he clicked the picture of reina with yeonjun.

he opened the chat room, sending it none other than heeseung. the only person who will bring reina back to reality. shoving his phone back in his pocket he made his way towards her.

• • •

r

eina gaining her composure probed yeonjun, "why? why would you be jealous? it's not like we are in a relationship or anything."

reina crossed her arms as she cranned her head to get full view of yeonjun's expression. she saw the corner of his lips twitch, he leaned closer his nose literally touching hers. and she could feel her heart beat speeding up. heat radiating from yeonjun's touch sent ellectrifying shock throughout her body. when yeonjun's eyes levelled with hers and she gulped.

"did you forget the night? we got in a relationship and you broke my heart ruthlessly?" then, he gazed away at the sea. his face still close to her.

"to bad, i remember every bit of it."

her heart skipped a beat, her face was drained of all the colours. what is he saying? no way!

"what are you saying yeonjun? when did i—even—"

before she managed to complete her sentence, taehyun yanked her away from yeonjun. it happened in flash, reina was dragged away from him without a warning. yeonjun clenched his jaws, as he saw reina blankly follow taehyun, who glared at him.