31

reina walked across the bustling college campus, her heart heavy with the weight of recent loss. she had barely begun to heal from the pain of her miscarriage, her steps tentative and her eyes cast downward. as she rounded a corner, she nearly collided with a tall figure, causing her to stumble back in surprise.

"whoa there, watch your step," a deep voice chimed, a hand reaching out to steady her. reina's gaze lifted, meeting the intense eyes of yeonjun. his features were sharp and mysterious, a contrast to the vibrant campus backdrop.

"thank you," i murmured, her voice barely audible. he tried to step back, but he held her gaze captive, his fingers lingering on her arm just a moment too long.

"reina! how are you feeling?" yeonjun's voice was like velvet, smooth and alluring. "i heard you won a lottery."

reina nodded, feeling a flutter of unease mixed with curiosity. "yes i'm fine and yeah, i did won a lottery."

yeonjun's lips curved into a smug smile. "well, well, reina, it seems luck is truly on your side. a lottery win, how thrilling. just imagine the possibilities that money could bring into your life."

i blinked, taken aback by his perceptiveness. "well...it is thrilling not gonna lie."

"loss has a way of revealing hidden strengths," he mused, his gaze never leaving hers. "but it also makes us yearn for something more, something to fill the void."

reina felt a shiver crawl down her spine, his words striking a chord within her. "i suppose so."

what's with him suddenly? why does it irk me so differently.

"reina! i want you to know that i'm here for you," yeonjun continued, his voice low and intimate. "and will always be!"

my heart raced, conflicting emotions swirling within her. his words held an allure that both intrigued and alarmed her. "I...erm....thank you, i'm happy that i have a friend like you..."

"friends huh?" he whispered, his lips almost brushing against her ear as he leaned in closer. "let's how far our friendship goes, see you around, i hope you don't ignore me again,"

before she could respond, he stepped back, his gaze lingering on her for a moment longer before he turned and walked away, his figure disappearing into the crowd.

i was left standing there, a whirlwind of emotions swirling within me. yeonjun's words had left an indelible mark on my heart, his enigmatic presence igniting a spark of curiosity that she couldn't easily extinguish. as i watched him vanish into the distance.

he noticed, well i wasn't being discreet anyways. he is smart, how can he not notice that i'm ignoring him, but he still helped me. i bite my lips staring at the place in the crowd he vanished.

i found myself lost in thought, replaying the encounter with yeonjun in my mind as i walked back to my classroom. the way his words had wrapped around me, his intense gaze and smug smile - it was all so bewilderingly captivating. but just as i was lost in my reverie, the sound of my friend Yena's laughter snapped me back to reality.

"reina, oh my gosh, you should have seen your face!" yena exclaimed, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

i blushed, realizing that my emotions must have been more evident than I thought. "what are you talking about?"

yena playfully nudged my arm. "don't even try to play it cool. i saw you talking to yeonjun earlier, and let's just say the way he was leaning in was giving me major 'intimate conversation' vibes."

i groaned, my embarrassment deepening. "yena, come on! It wasn't like that."

she raised an eyebrow skeptically. "oh really? because from where I was standing, it looked like you two were having a real heart-to-heart."

i sighed, feeling a mixture of annoyance and amusement. yena had always been the type to tease relentlessly, and this situation was no exception. "we were just talking, that's all. nothing intimate about it."

yena grinned, clearly enjoying my discomfort. "sure, sure. Just 'talking.' if you say so."

i rolled my eyes, unable to hide my smile. "you're impossible, you know that?"

"hey, it's all in good fun," she replied, looping her arm through mine as we continued walking. "but seriously, Reina, if you're interested in him, you should totally go for it. he is really cute and nice."

cute and nice. you haven't seen him in his prince mode. i looked back from the corner of my eyes to see the same face that has been following me for few days, he was one of yeonjun's bodygaurd but he was following me. but why? why would yeonjun have someone follow me? does doubt me or something?

i nudged her back, unable to hold back a chuckle. "you're ridiculous, yena."

she winked. "ridiculous, but right. just remember, life's too short to overthink things. if you feel a connection, why not explore it?"

as we reached our department building we parted ways as we had separate classes. i walked alone to the class with that guy still following me.

A/N: hiya its me again!!! its been so long since i last published a new chapter. please be patient with me my college admission process is so fucking long i can't help, on days i feel anxious and i can't write anything and forcing myself would end up with my writing up crap!!! so i better not write at all is good. anyways there wasn't much happening in this chapter but, i do hope it makes sense.