45

the loud music fills my overly sensitive ears. i glance at yeonjun, who appears to be enjoying the performance. i wonder if he's a music enthusiast as i watch him. his lips curve into a smile, and he bobs his head to the beat, lost in his own world.

suddenly, he shifts his gaze towards me, causing my heart to skip a beat, but i maintain eye contact.

"is it boring?" he asks.

i shake my head, despite the music feeling overwhelming. watching him enjoy the concert somehow makes the noise more bearable. as the drum beats intensify, i instinctively cover my ears and scrunch my face.

i feel him sigh as he stands up, taking hold of my wrist. "let's go, i'm hungry!"

"but we just had breakfast two hours ago," i respond, narrowing my eyes at his seemingly flimsy excuse.

the day progresses and evening settles in, today marks our final day on the cruise and also the soirèe. it's around the same time my team will be dismantling the container. i take a deep breath as i don the diamond necklace yeonjun gifted me along with the red dress.

my earpiece buzzes and i tap it, "please bring good news." i exclaim, feeling exasperated, while smoothing out the creases on my dress.

what's this strange feeling of deja vu? is it just me or does this dress seem too familiar?

it's even red, and this jewelry, why does it look exactly like the one i wore at the castle party?

"reina!!" a voice interrupts my thoughts abruptly.

"yes, i'm here!" i gulp nervously.

"this is more complicated than we thought; the weapons are actually in the cars parked in the garage, not the container as we assumed initially."

"okay, but is the plan going smoothly?"
"yes!"
"we've planted bombs in strategic spots to divert attention. we'll seize the opportunity,"

i breathe a sigh of relief hearing taehyun's reassurance.

"anyways, can you open the door? i'm waiting outside." he requests, turning my attention to the door before he opens it himself.

as soon as i open the door, taehyun freezes and scans me from head to toe.

"why is he giving you this dress?" taehyun exclaims, grabbing my arms.
"what? why? does it look bad?"
"reina! seriously? this is the same gown from the party six months ago!!" my heart races. i did notice, i just hoped it was my imagination.

just then, there's a knock on the door. i give taehyun an apologetic smile, freeing myself and walking to the door. i see yeonjun standing there.

i inhale deeply, filling my lungs to their capacity, before taking in his appearance. he wears a white suit, his hair styled sleekly, giving him a somewhat serious look. despite his blank, expressionless face, he shines so brightly it's blinding.

"why is he here?" yeonjun asks, his gaze elsewhere and his eyes narrowed. i blankly follow his line of sight and see taehyun standing there with an annoyed expression. i look back at yeonjun, noticing his frown deepening as he glares at taehyun.

"huh? you mean taehyun?" i ask, still a little confused.

"i mean, why did he come to meet me?" i giggle as i walk closer to yeonjun, interlocking my arms around his. i see him sigh as he places his hand on mine, his expression softening.

"let's go, the party is about to start," he says, and i smile.

we enter the party venue, the atmosphere vibrant and filled with excitement. yeonjun leads me to a secluded corner, away from the crowd.

"reina, i wanted to talk to you about something important," yeonjun says, his tone serious.

i furrow my brows, feeling a sense of unease. "what is it?" i ask, my voice slightly shaky.

he takes a deep breath before continuing, "we can't find your necklace, are you sure you brought it with you?"

my heart sinks at his words, the joy of the party fading away. "oh," is all I manage to say, trying to process the sudden news. is he doubting me?

yeonjun looks at me, his eyes searching for a reaction. "my men spent the entire day searching, so i think you should re-check for it in your belongings," he adds, his expression vulnerable.

damn it! i have to use my last resort.

i take a moment to gather my thoughts, feeling a mix of emotions. it's a bittersweet feeling; i just wanted to solve it without him knowing my true identity, but i have to risk my identity today.

"thank you for telling me," i finally say, forcing a smile. "let's enjoy tonight and talk more about it later, okay?"

"are you okay?" yeonjun asks as he brings his face to my level, cupping my cheeks. i nod, hiding my anticipation behind my smile. yeonjun, as if being able to see through me, simply encircles his arm around me, pulling me into a warm hug.

"don't worry; we will find—" he suddenly quiets down, making me frown. hugging me tighter than before, he completes his sentence, "—it for sure."

while reina is confused as to why yeonjun stopped in mid-sentence, yeonjun grinds his teeth as he glares at reina in anger and confusion. he can feel something the size of our locket poking his waist.

he pulls reina away, not forgetting to fake a smile as he knows the first thing she'll do will be looking at his face. reina smiles brightly, momentarily subsiding his inner fury.

"they are starting the music!!! shall we dance as well?" reina asks, and yeonjun nods as reina begins to lead him to the dance floor.

he encircles his arms around reina and pulls her close to him. she gasps, blush creeping on her cheeks. as he gazes at her, his eyes blazing with fury and passion. his firm grip on her hand conveyed a sense of control. the storm brewing inside him, yet when he gazed at her face he couldn't help but feel undeniable attraction towards her.

as they moved together, their bodies close yet distant, he can't help but feel the heat of her presence. her scent, her warmth it ignites a fire within him that he struggles to contain. their gazes lock in a fierce exchange, a silent conversation of passion and frustration. his eyes betray a tumultuous mix of emotions—anger at the situation, longing for her, and a hint of vulnerability he dare not show openly. yet, despite the anger simmering beneath the surface, there's an undeniable pull towards her, a magnetic attraction that defies reason.

anger fuels the intensity of their movements, but so does an unspoken yearning for connection. in the heat of the moment, as their bodies entwine in a passionate embrace, he can't help but feel a rush of conflicting emotions. anger melts into desire, frustration gives way to longing. the dance becomes a way to release all the pent-up feelings, leaving him both exhilarated and emotionally exposed.

A/N:

dont forget to vote and comment guys. 😭😭 it took a lot of effort to
start writing again. also this is season 1 and you'll have a second book. But before that i want to try writing a bookwhich will motivate me and hopefully everone else who is struggling to study. would you read... it probably gonna be txt fanfic