20

"vivian look at me."

reina opened her eyes once again blankly staring outside the glass wall of her penthouse, she had received after becoming the head of family. the sun was in the middle of the sky.

in middle of the sky? when i realized the fact, i rose from my bed in an instant and gazed back at the digital clock kept at the nightstand. it was 2 p.m. in the noon. my breath hitched as i quickly picked up my phone to see missed calls from her friends and yeonjun along with texts. i missed all of my classes and i had to meet yeonjun at 1 p.m.

reina:
i'm sorry! i'm on my way
i overslept

oh my god!  how many times i've said 'i'm sorry' to him in course of 24 hours. i thought as i jumped out of the cloud like mattress which was the culprit behind mw running late. i took a quick bath and changed into flared sphagetti top and white wide pants, braided my hair as it was hot before leaving. i ran to the cafe which was only ten minutes away from my home as i asked them to buy me a house near ny school.

reina arrived at the cafe breathing heavily, as she opened the door the bell rang. yeonjun gazed up from his laptop to see the girl in bright yellow colour walking inside. when reina noticed him she ran towards him and did a 90° bow.

"i'm sorry! i overslept!" she apologized yet again.
"you overslept till 2:00 clock in the noon?" yeonjun obviously looked irritated as he said, before rolling his eyes.
"whatever atleast, your complexion looks better," he muttered as reina sat next to him, without considering the history she had with him.

the moment she sat down, her fluttering hair and clothes emitted the faint sweet scent of strawberries, making yeonjun glance at her in confusion yet again. his eyes carefully analyzing her features. his eyes dropped from her beaming face to her, beautifully scuplted neckline. it was odd to see her looking like this as all he could remember her wearing hoodies and oversized t-shirts. was it that hot today? he thought to himself.

"you did all the work!!" i exclaimed turning to gaze at him. when i noticed he was already staring at me. it was then, when i realized that i was sitting way to close to him. and, unwantingly my eyes diverted from his eyes to his lips. suddenly he looked away before glancing at the laptop.

"yeah, there wasn't much to do!"
"you'll put my name in the ppt right?" i asked.
"of course, what do you take me for?" he asked finding it unbelievable that i asked something so obvious.

well, i've been scammed once before in this shit, those kids didn't like me and simply didn't put my name in the assignment even though i worked hard for it and provided all the necessary materials. just as i was drowning myself in the awful memories of past, my stomach growled loudly.

reina got startled and glanced at yeonjun sitting next to her embarrassment. her chubby cheeks tinting red as she saw a small smile appearing on his face.

"you didn't eat anything, let's go out to eat." he said his voice gentle and low. making my heart skip a beat. does he talk so gently with everyone? i thought, as anger began to sweep stir within me at the thought of him talking nicely.

while my mind was busy with the thoughts. i didn't even notice began to pack his books and laptop and got up from the table, creating space for him. quietly we stepped out of the cafe.

"what do you want to eat?"
"i dunno! how about burgers?"
"that's crazy, you shouldn't eat fast food on empty stomach!!" he advised earning a frown from me. when he looks around for a while a small smile curling on his lips.

he grabbed my hand, making me flinch, "let's go there!" he exclaims pointing somewhere. following his line of gaze, i saw a small diner.

"i usually don't eat out!"

i recalled him saying. i gazed at him, is he really going to eat there? i was confused but, didn't say anything and nodded, "okay! that place is popular!" i informed him just in case he wasn't aware.
one corner of his lips curled up, "i know!"

he began to pull me along with him. when i sensed someone behind us, following us. swallowing the lump in the throat, i gazed at yeonjun smiling and walked into the diner. we chose to sit in by the wall side because that was much more cooler than window side. yeonjun put down his airpods box next to his phone. as he settled down in his seat.

just as we settled in after a few minutes a two, two men in black t-shirts and snapbacks stepped inside sitting on the table behind yeonjun, choosing his blind spot. since they were wearing snapbacks, i couldn't see their faces properly.

"what will you eat?" yeonjun asked, scanning the menu. i glanced down once and ordered my usual morning meal.
"i'll have veggie breakfast wrap!"
"okay! let me go place the order," he said and got up. walking past our seat to go to counter. i noticed, how those men were ogling at him as if they can devour him right now. i pulled out my airpod box which had an gps system installed by taehyun in it. so i don't lose them. did i tell you taehyun is actually tech genius.

i glanced back at yeonjun who was now returning, and quickly exchanged the boxes keeping mine their as well. he sat down in front of me. suddenly checking his phone. he gazed up at me with a small apologetic smile on his face.

"reina! i think i have to leave. i'd eat with you but..." what he said, surprised me. did he notice those people as well? is that why he is leaving? but, then recalled how he stood right behind pointing the gun at my head without even me noticing until the gun wzs pointed at my head. he must have noticed those people.

"suddenly? is it really important you just ordered and paid, right?"
"its fine. get that pack you can take it home. i'm sorry reina!" he said got up from his seat and picked up his phone and my airpods, shoving it in his pocket he rushed out of the diner.

i saw those men getting up as well suddenly, it was then when my eyes caught the eagle tattoo on their napes and gasped. those people were from nerrha assassin guild. i shot up from my seat, gathering all my things, i was about to leave.

"miss are you leaving? what about the food?"
"give it someone needy," i suggested smiling sheepishly and ran out of the diner.