Chapter 45

Raid's POV

To be honest, I forgot to tell Denver about the guy who came here, but I regret it now.

When I walk downstairs with Pascal a few days later, I can see that this man is sitting on the couch in the living room again.

He has a smile on his face, but he quickly frowns when he sees that Pascal is here too.

"What are you doing here?" The man asks Pascal.

"I live here, so I guess that I should be asking you about this." Pascal tells him, and the man shrugs.

"I just wanted to see my mate, because our conversation got disturbed the last time that I was here." He tells him, and Pascal looks at me with an angry frown.

"I'm not sure who he is, but he came here a while ago and he tried to convince me that he's my mate, although then Beckett came here, and he left the house.

Beckett said that he tried to tell him the same thing, although he ended up kicking him out of the house." I explain.

"Beckett is my mate too." The man says happily.

"I will be back." Pascal tells me, and I look at him with a confused expression, not believing that he's leaving me here alone.

"What?" I ask, but he doesn't answer.

Before he goes out of my view, I can see that he's taking his phone out of his pocket, and this makes me roll my eyes.

"You should go." I say, and the weird man shakes his head.

"I can't, the mates can't separate, or they will get sick." He tells me.

"Well, the guy who just left is my mate, so I will be fine." I say, and he chuckles.

"I think that you're wrong about assuming that he's your mate." He tells me, and I sigh tiredly, hoping that Denver will come here soon.

Thankfully Pascal comes here not much later, and we make sure to ignore the man who refuses to leave.

I would have kicked him out, but I won't want him to hurt one of us, and I'm not sure if he has any weapon.

A few minutes later, I hear a knock on the door, and Pascal stands up to open it.

"What's going on?" Denver asked when he comes inside of the house.

Pascal explains everything, while he leads Denver towards us, and I can see that the man wants to run away, but he must know that he won't be able to do that.

After all, Denver's an Alpha, so he will catch him in a matter of a few seconds.

"What are you doing here?" Denver asks, and he looks at the man angrily.

I expected the man to start telling Denver something stupid, but he decides against it, and he stands up.

"Let's go to your office." The man says, and Denver reluctantly agrees.

"I will make sure that he won't brother you again." Denver says, and I nod slightly.

"Thanks." I say, and I watch him as he leaves the room.