Chapter 35

Pascal's POV

A few days later, we have a family night, so I force Raid to get dressed, and I lead him towards my grandparents' house.

Some of my family is already here, along with my brother, who decided to come here a lot earlier, because he wanted to hang out with our cousins who live here.

Raid and I sit on the quieter side of the back yard, and we decide to cuddle together, hoping that we won't be interrupted anytime soon.

To be honest, I most likely would have stayed in my house if I had a choice, but I know that Carter would have came there, and he would have forced Raid and me to come here if he noticed that we're not here.

And I'm sure that he would have noticed, because he makes sure that everyone is here every time.

About half an hour later Quinton comes here, and I frown slightly when he sits next to me.

"I just wanted to thank you for making sure that Taylor got out of there too." He tells me, and I nod in acknowledgement.

"I wouldn't leave him there." I say.

"I'm not even sure why he was in the woods alone, because he doesn't want to tell me about it, but I made sure to fire the babysitter.

He didn't even call me to tell me that Taylor is missing, and he told me that he didn't want to worry me.

So, he decided to look for him on his own." Quinton says, and he rolls his eyes at the stupidity of his babysitter.

"I will make sure to not leave my kids with a babysitter, when I will have them." I say, and Raid chuckles slightly, so I hit him with my elbow.

"I should go." Quinton says with an amused smile, so I nod, and I watch as he goes away.

"Do you won't to go back?" I ask Raid when I notice that he's bored, and he shrugs slightly, so I gesture for him to stand up.

I'm sure that Carter already saw us, so I doubt that he will be looking for us.

"Where are we going?" Raid asks me not much later.

"I'm not sure." I say.

We walk around the woods, and I try to kind of go in the direction of the house, but I take a longer path.

The woods are already dark, but we manage to walk without getting hurt, which I'm glad for, because I can still feel the pain that I was feelings when I was with Gonzalo.

When we reach the house, we go inside, and then we decide to cuddle together again.

I'm still surprised that Raid wants to cuddle with me willingly, but I guess that this whole thing with Gonzalo made him worried enough to want to be close with me.

I smile slightly, and I take my phone in my hand, so I can text a few of my friends, and Raid decides to do the same.

Apparently, Denver gave him his phone back while I was gone, so now he can use it again, and he's more than happy about it.