Chapter 44

Raid's POV

I sit in the house, and I wonder how long it will take for Beckett to come here.

He told me that he will be here soon, but that was about an hour ago, and I know him well enough to know that his while doesn't usually take this long, so I'm a bit worried.

A while later, I feel that someone's watching me, so I turn around, and I can see that a man that I don't recognise is standing in the back yard.

I jump away from him and his smile falls slightly, before he decides to come towards me.

I swear at myself, and I quickly lock the door, before I run towards the safe room.

But the man manages to catch me, right before I can enter it.

"What do you want from me?" I ask him.

"I just want to talk." He says, and I nod reluctantly, because I guess that I don't have any other option than to talk to him.

"Well, talk to me them." I say when he stays quiet.

"I think that I'm your mate." He says.

"Are you a werewolf?" I ask him, and he shakes his head.

"No, but I live in this pack, I was adopted my two of the pack members." He tells me.

"Well, I'm sure that we're not mates." I tell him, and he frowns.

"Are you really sure?" He asks me, and he sounds disappointed.

"Yes, I'm mated to someone already, and I'm not even a werewolf. So, if both of us are human then there's no way that we have to mate bond." I say, and he nods slightly.

"Alright." He says, and he lets me go, before he walks back upstairs.

I decide that I should give him a moment to walk away, but when I hear that he's not leaving the house, then I go upstairs.

He's sitting on the couch, and he smiles at me when he sees me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him. "You were supposed to go away." I say.

"Well, I thought that we could be friends, if you don't want to be my mate." He tells me, and I roll my eyes.

"You should go." I say, and I gesture towards the door that leads to the back yard.

"I want to stay." He tells me.

"And I want you to go away." I say.

He opens his mouth to speak, but before he can do that, I hear a knock on the door, and I quickly go towards it, so I can open it.

"Finally." I say, when I see Beckett. "I need your help with something." I tell him.

"You won't believe what happened to me." He says, and I look at him with a frown.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Some weird guy came inside of Sora's apartment, right before I was about to leave, and he started to tell me something about being my mate.

But I literally kicked him out of the apartment, when he refused to walk away." He tells me with a chuckle.

"Well, he's here now, and he doesn't want to leave." I say, and he groans.

When we walk inside of the living room, I can see that the guy is not here anymore, and when I look outside, I can see that he's walking into the woods.

"Well, I guess that you scared him away." I say.

"You should tell Denver about it." He tells me, and I nod in agreement.