Chapter 11: Elegant madman

Wearing a magic mirror, omniscient and omnipotent

Author: washing powder

[ Collect this chapter ] [Get Jinjiang coins for free] [Complain]

Chapter 11

  One night passed, and early the next morning, while Sherrill was still sleeping in the mirror, Lisenwein mounted his horse and set off again.

  Near noon, deep in a dense forest, Lisenwein was ambushed by a cardinal again.

  Having learned the lesson from the last time, the Cardinal brought more than fifty transformed swordsmen this time. But even though the number of transformed swordsmen has increased by more than five times, the final result is still the same as last time.

  Fifty-six swordsmen wearing hard armor were all killed by Lisenwein's sword. The cardinal was also seriously injured, and his two arms were deeply severed.

  If he hadn't used the substitute magic to escape at the last moment, he would have become the fifty-seventh dead soul under Lisenwein's sword today.

  This is not to say how weak the cardinal and the reformed swordsman are, but that Lisenwein is simply too unfathomable.

  The cardinal mistakenly thought that he knew Lisenwein's strength well enough, but he did not expect that the strength he estimated was just the tip of the iceberg.

  He underestimated Lisenwein and overestimated himself.

  Lisenwein is not a favored person by God and cannot use magic. However, just relying on a knight's sword can force him into a desperate situation. He even has to use a substitute technique with huge side effects in order to survive, and his body will be destroyed at the critical moment. Swap with Silver Wing Staff.

  On the way to escape, the cardinal recited a chant and blocked his bloody arms with mud. His forehead was covered with cold sweat, and the severe pain at the severed parts of his arms made the repaired cracks on his face even more hideous.

  Lisenwein...

  A huge haze accumulated in his snake-like cold and dark vertical pupils, and scarlet blood seeped out from the corners of his congested and ruptured eyes.

  After running for another half an hour and confirming that Lisenwein would not be chasing him, the cardinal seemed to have given up all his strength and sat down with his back against the tree trunk, gasping for air.

  When the pain subsided a little, he closed his eyes and recited the mantra, and a red Bali king snake emerged from his robe and slithered away to the west at an extremely fast speed.

  Two hours later, when the cardinal's consciousness was so weak that he almost fainted, the released king snake returned to him. At the same time, the sound of horse hooves was heard from a distance.

  Along with the sound of horse hooves, there is also the sound of copper bells.

  The cardinal took a strong breath and looked to the west with heavy eyelids. An inconspicuous-looking carriage covered in dark purple velvet stopped one meter away from him.

  The coachman driving the horse is a very handsome young man, who also has dark blue hair, and their facial features are very similar.

  However, the cardinal's facial contours were more delicate, while the coachman's face was more angular, and his eyes were as cold and lifeless as a doll's.

  He held the reins in his hands, lowered his eyes and looked at the cardinal on the ground expressionlessly. There was no wave in his irises. Even if the man on the ground with his arms cut off was his twin brother, the expression on his face was still there. Still nothing has changed.