31. wolf at your door

warning: rick and jo horney for each other

THIRTY-ONE: WOLF AT YOUR DOOR

MOTHER NATURE ALMOST OVERPOWERED THEM LAST NIGHT, but the survivors are equal tough mothers, proving they still had the strength and will to keep fighting

MOTHER NATURE ALMOST OVERPOWERED THEM LAST NIGHT, but the survivors are equal tough mothers, proving they still had the strength and will to keep fighting. Together, they survived and that's the only way they will continue to keep each other alive.

   The morning rays twinkle through the gaps of the barn, slowly hitting everyone's eyelids, waking them up.

   Josephine inhales sharply as she opens her eyes, Judith in her arms immediately notices her awake and kicks her feet in excitement. Pulling the baby closer, Jo sits up, letting Rick's hand slip off her body. But the loss of his girl's warmth, spurts Rick awake.

   "You okay?" He sits up as Jo shifts so they're sitting facing each other with Judith and her crocheted frog of comfort between them. 

   "Yeah, I'm good. You? Have any more riveting dreams?" Jo tilts her head, her eyes quickly glancing down at his muscles flexing as he clenches his fist before looking back up at his thoughtful gaze.

   There is no way Rick was going to tell Josephine how much of a main character she is in his dreams. Well, he has, but not in this scenario. Dreaming about kissing her, all over, loving her profoundly like she was the only woman in the world. Rick had another sex dream with Jo, guilty as charged.

   Meeting her expectant eyes, Rick inhales her like a breath of fresh morning air. He unclenches his fist. No dream will ever outdo the real magnificent vision Jospehine Greene truly captures.

   "No." Rick denies, but Jospehine squints her eyes at him, seeing through the lie. "Nothing."

   "You wanna know what I dreamed of?" Josephine bites her bottom lip to keep from smiling too big and all he wishes is to feel her against him again. Rick nods eagerly, wanting to hear more from her and her southern accent that slips out in the softest of moments.

   But Judith has priorities that she needs met and is tired of all the blabbering. Judith begins wailing for some milk.

   "Oh, I got it." Jospehine adjusts Judith better to her front so she can stand. But Desperate Judith's instincts kick in, her tiny hand reaches to Jo's chest and begins pulling down the neckline of her one-piece. Jospehine quickly catches her tiny hand before the baby can expose her breast to the world. "Oh, nope."

   Jospehine holds on to Judith's hands as she tries to repeat the gesture. Awkwardly, Jo turns to face Rick's reaction, who only scratches his nose as he looks away, pretending he didn't see anything.

   "I'll be right back," Jospehine clears her throat and pushes herself to her feet. "I know there's still a packet of powdered milk somewhere."

   Jo could not have walked away faster, mumbling to Judith, "How could you do that, I trusted you."