30. lobos salvajes

a hard rain's a gonna fall, Joan Baez

THIRTY: LOBOS SALVAJES

LIKE TWO GUARDIAN ANGELS, Tyreese and Josephine stay with Noah as he grieves for the fall of his home

LIKE TWO GUARDIAN ANGELS, Tyreese and Josephine stay with Noah as he grieves for the fall of his home. With Rick and Michonne searching for supplies and scraping together a new plan, the pair have their priority set on Noah. Even as he limps away in pursuit of his house, they're on his heels.

   Noah trips over a walker that comes alive when it hears Noah. Jospehine sprints forward, grabs the walker by the shaggy hair, pulls it against her body, and stabs it up the back of its head.

   The walker quits fighting and she throws it off herself. "You okay?" She asks Noah and helps him to stand.

   Confirming he's okay, Jo cleans the wet knife on her shirt. Technically, it's a one-piece bathing suit, but the black squared top is helpful in terms of not getting blood soaked through to her skin. With a hard swipe across her stomach, the rotten juices are wiped away.

   "I have to go in there," Noah pleads to Tyreese.

   "Fine. But we go in first," Tyreese nods to Jospehine and she follows his lead. He knocks on the side of the house three times and waits before entering.

   Passing the threshold, Tyreese and Jo eye's land first on the woman on the floor with a wound carving out the back of her head.

   Noah rushes past them and falls to his mother's side. He covers her with a blanket and cries more.

   "Stay with him, I'm gonna check the other rooms," Tyreese tells Jospehine and he explores further into him.

   "I tried to come back. I tried to come back sooner, I'm sorry." He clamps his hand over his mouth and continues to sob.

   "Noah." Josephine softly drops and positions herself beside the young boy. She knows exactly what it is to lose a mother. Placing a gentle hand on his shoulder, he melts into her touch.

   A sorrowful sound escapes his lips, tearing through Jospehine's heart. If she could take all the hurt from him, she would carry it on her back if it meant he'd never feel like this ever again.

   "I got you," She rocks him back and forth. "I've got you. I've got you."

   She ain't sure if her words bring any comfort, but his cries subside. "What am I going to do now?"

   Jo pulls back so she can take his face into her hands so he can see the truth in her eyes. "You still have us. You still have me. From here until. . . Until the end, I will take care of you."

   Though they are only words to Noah, he lets out a shaky breath and grips on to her arms, clinging onto the last semblance of love.

   Tyreese screams, startling Noah and Jo to jump from their spot. Jo snatches her knife from the ground and keeps Noah protectively behind her. Entering the bedroom, Josephine doesn't hesitate to drive the knife through Noah's reincarnated little brother.