Caring

Venus was elated with her latest exam scores, sending a copy via Crystal to her parents. She was skipping to the kitchens to get a celebratory hot cocoa with some muffins. She and Willow were going to be working on designs for their robes that would pass the school dress code. S passed the door the Slytherin common room and turned right into the hallway with the door to the kitchens in view. She felt a harsh tug on her neck , the hood of her robe dug into the skin of her neck.

Pansy reared her ugly nose into her face and held her wrist up.

"What is this Ice Whore? I heard it was from Draco?! Is that True?!"

"No.." Venus choked out as Pansy threw her on the stoney ground, still holding up her shining wrist.

"So you think your little curly haired friend was telling that Gryffindor brat boy about it because it's not true?"

"No..." Venus said meekly, holding her arm with her other hand to stabalize the wrist Pansy was holding.

"Give it to me."

"No!"

"I SAID GIVE IT TO ME!" the girl cried, pulling on her bracelet chain.

"I said- NO!" She yelled a louder, deeper, voice that boomed throughout the room as a hard frost spread from Venus's arm to Pansy's.

"AAAHHH!" Pansy cried as the ice kept spreading on her. "STOP IT!"

"Let me go!"

"Give it to me!"

"No! Let me go!"

Venus took a deep breath, she hated the girl but causing her pain was not the way for her to deal with the situation. The frost on Pansy's arm began to pull back, returning to Venus as her hair turned white. The Slytherin girl cried as their skin contact began to make her burn with how cold her arm was getting.

"Let go Pansy!"

"You sodding, filthy bitch! You take all of Draco's attention! You really think he'd like a goody two shoes- lonely slut like you? He only likes you because of your parents' relationship!"

Venus felt herself panic as the girl let go of her wrist but started to hit her. Her sharp nails cutting into her skin. Her mind was screaming the girl was right but her heart was telling her otherwise. She stood up, making the pin-faced girl step back in shock. Blood was falling down her face from a slash she had made, but she faced the girl fearlessly.

"Your. Wrong!" A cold breeze entered the room, blowing her white hair wildly. "He cares about me and I care about him. Now get lost!"

Pansy Parkinson was dumb. But she was not dumb enough to fight an ice witch when she was angry, especially not when their Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher appeared behind her. The Slytherin girl gasped, and quickly dropped Venus's wrist, running away quickly to escape punishment.

Venus felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Professor Lupin?"

"I'm proud of you Venus, you dealt with her in a responsible manner. I will see to it that Professor Snape acts accordingly."

"Thank you Sir."

"Now go warm up." Her teacher advised, pulling his hand back and blowing on it to warm it up.

Venus scurried up to her room to find Crystal returned with a small parcel in her mouth. It was from her parents. She unwrapped the packaging to find a packet of her mothers herb healing cookies. They were still warm, meaning they were fresh. Her parents sent her a letter of congratulations and she smiled reading their praises. She heard a knock on the door and opened it cautiously.

Draco stood in front of her out of breath with the Ravenclaw prefect behind him, likely escorting him.

"Venus, he said he was here to see you so I let him in."

"He is, thank you Marcus."

The door shut behind the blonde and he immediately grabbed the girls shoulders.

"ARE YOU OKAY?!"

"YES YES!"

Venus pried his hands off and stepped back, holding her head in dizziness.

"Crabbe told me what happened, I didn't know Pansy would try and do that, are you okay? Let me see your wrist."

Venus held up her wrist, now red and burned from having Pansy grip it and pull at her bracelet.

"It's okay, it'll heal in a few days."

"Princess..."

Venus sat on the foot of her bed and motioned for the boy to join her.

"I was scared...not that she would hurt me... but that what she was saying was true..."

"What did she say?"

Venus bit her tongue from her original answer, fearing it was all to soon to say she liked him. "That you care for me. I-I didn't believe it at first but I started to think about it. I don't think you would have given me this-"

She rose her wrist with the bracelet on it. "- if you did't care for me."

Draco moved to the ground in front of her on one knee, holding her hand in his.

"I do care for you."

The ravenette gave him a beaming smile.

"I care for you too."

The blonde kissed her hand and Venus felt her cheeks get hot. The bell towers chime gave que for the Slytherin boy to leave before curfew.

Venus stood up and walked the boy to her door.

"Goodnight Princess."

"Goodnight Snake." Venus bit her lip and grabbed the boys wrist before he walked away and pulled him towards her, planting a light kiss on his cheek. "Thank you for checking up on me." 

The Snow FoxOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara