Valentine's Disaster?

A.N: *le gasp* she lives?

"V, I don't know...maybe this is a bad idea."

"Willow, this will work. You care about him, just tell him."

The brunette left the box of chocolates at the dorm door and hid behind the corner again.

The door opened and Ethan stepped out and saw the box. He looked at the note and read it aloud.

"You make me laugh everyday and are the sunshine to my sadness, be my Valentine's?" He turned the note around and looked around. Once he went back in, Venus looked at her friend.

"You didn't SIGN THE NOTE?!"

"I forgot!" Willow cried.

"There's always next year." Venus laughed at her friend's mistake and Willow giggled as well at her carelessness.

They made their way to the Hall for a snack and sat down. Draco saw both girl's and approached them.

"Hello ladies."

"Hi Draco."

"Hello."

"Why do you look so upset?" He asked, looking at Willow. The girl turned to Venus and nodded her head to explain to the boy as she got up to grab a drink.

"She tried to confess to her crush and forgot to sign her name on the note."

Draco cringed and gave a half hearted laugh.

"Oof."

"Yea, big oof." Draco tapped his hand on the table as they kept talking.

"Cool rings." Venus complemented as she ran a hand through her long black hair. She noted she needed a haircut soon.

"Thanks. Here." He took one off and handed it to the girl who shook her head.

"I couldn't, besides my fingers are too small silly."

She grabbed his hands and held it up against hers to compare. The boy laughed when he realized how truly small they were.

"I guess you're right."

She took the ring and put it back on his finger and he entwined his fingers with hers when she finished. Venus blushed and rested her head on his shoulder.

"You want to come chill in my dorm for a bit?"

"I'm not allowed up there Ice Princess, remember?" He replied, fingering her hair.

Venus raised her head and smiled devilishly.

"There's a secret way to get in through my window."

"You cheeky girl..." he said shocked. "Let's go then."

He took her hand and they raced out of the great hall, shouting at Willow as they passed her.

"BYEWILLOWSEEYOULATER!"

"Back here." Venus showed the boy as they approached Ravenclaw tower. She quickly ducked behind one of the moving staircases and as it shifted, revealed a door that they went through. The door led to an outside balcony of sorts that showed a clear pathway towards Ravenclaw tower. Stones and obvious footholds along the castle wall were on display. They climbed it and as they reached the top, Venus pushed open her window and stepped through from the small ledge below the frame.

She helped the boy in and flopped on her bed, tired.

"You room alone? That's rare." Draco said, shutting the window.

"I mean, who exactly wants to room with me." Venus stated, ignoring the self deprecating thoughts.

"I would, but there's an obvious challenge there." The blonde said, making her giggle. He noticed some cases of instruments against the wall and tapped some. "Ukulele, violin, guitar? You play all of these?"

Venus flushed and shyly nodded.

"What kind of guitar do you have?" He asked tapping the case.

"Acoustic."

"Mind if I give it a try?"

"Mhm." She mumbled back against the pillow she had to her blushing face as the boy opened the case and took out the guitar, sitting on the bed beside her.

He strummed a few strings, tuning the instrument with ease. His strumming slowly turned into melody, light and whimsical. Venus hummed to the tune, putting her cheek to the fabric of the pillow. The cushion under her with the soft music slowly drifted her to sleep. She woke up to Crystal pecking her head. She was hungry. The ravenette rubbed her eyes and pushed herself off her bed, feeling a paper crunch under her. She lifted the note and the chain it was attached to while her owl hooed angrily.

"Happy late Valentine's- Snake"

There was a ring, which she recognized as the one he had tried to give her on a chain. She held the bracelet up and smiled.

She tied it on and sighed happily as she lay on her bed, but immediately got up as Crystal pecked her ear.

"Ow! Ok, ok, here's your food!"