New Start

"Did you hear we're getting an ice witch at Hogwarts this year?"

"No way! Is she scary?"

"Don't know man, bet she's super mean and old."

Venus stepped onto the train car, clutching her book and bag with a blank face. Ever since she was little she would read about magical creatures, oh the stories her parents would tell her about all of the wonders of Hogwarts, she never thought she would actually go there one day. She was relieved she would finally get a fresh start. No bullies, prior judgement or rumors.

"Yo I heard there's an ice witch here this year!" She heard from people walking by. Well there goes that. She scrapped the thoughts and found a compartment.

Venus played with the moon charm on her necklace as she watched the train move from the window of her empty car. She was alone again, not that she minded in this case, it was a train after all, a perfect time to read. Her long black hair covered her right eye as she read her book contently. Her brown eyes scanning each page thoroughly as she flipped through the pages. The car door slid open and she saw a girl with curly brown hair walk in. Her hazel eyes shone happily as she smiled at the girl.

"Can I sit here?" She asked her and Venus nodded.

"I'm Willow, what's your name?" she asked, as Venus looked up at her surprised and set her book down next to her.

"Venus, Venus Snow."

"What are you reading?" She asked her, gesturing towards the book.

"It's a book on Hogwarts." the girl replied.

"Crazy huh? We're finally going here. I mean I was raised in a wizarding family, I don't know about you. My family always told me stories about this place, my siblings were all so excited that I was going." Willow said, gazing out the window. "Oh! Look there! How pretty!"

Venus smiled and looked out the glass as well.

"My parents always told me stories as well. What class are you most excited about?"

"Oooo, definitely defense against the dark arts. I mean how cool is it to learn those spells?"

"True."

"What about you."

"No class in particular. Hey did you hear about that ice witch?"

"Yea! Crazy right? I think she'll be super cool though!" Venus smiled at the comment. The two girls continued to chat for a bit as the train moved through the mountains.

"Would you...like a snack?" Venus offered, standing up.

"Sure!" Willow replied with a smile.

Venus got up, and went in search of the confection cart lady, her robe grazing the train floor ever so slightly. Embroidered snowflakes on the inside deep blue lining. When she found the woman she smiled and bought two chocolate frogs, receiving a third for free from the kind woman. She turned around and started walking back towards her cart. One of the car doors slammed open and smacked her in the face on her way there, knocking her over. Venus crumpled to the floor and looked up to see what hit her. A blonde boy with large brown eyes held his hand out to her.

"Are you ok? Sorry about that, guess SOME idiots don't know how to check both ways before opening a door." he said, gazing at a redhead inside the cart, with two other people.

Venus nodded her head with the slightest tint to her cheeks and took his hand and stood back up on her feet. She bowed her head at the blonde haired boy and his two friends and took one of the chocolate frogs from her pocket and slipped it into the blondes as she walked them back to her own cart. She heard him realize what she had done as she sped her pace up a bit, and went into her compartment.

"Hey! Oh cool, chocolate frogs!" Willow said happily. "Are you ok? You have a red mark on your face."

"Y-yea, I ran into a door by accident." Venus replied, opening the wrapper of her frog.

"Look! Look over there!" Willow cried pointing at the shadowy silhouette of the castle in the distance.

"Wow."

Who was that girl? Draco thought as he, Crab and Goyle got off the train and started walking towards the first year boats. There she is!

He thought as he spotted her and another girl with curly brown hair, stepped into one of the boats. He quickly ushered his two friends into the boat beside them and they started across the waters towards the castle. He heard the girl's soft giggle at her friends excited ramble about the castle as she held the lantern up higher.

The light illuminated her brown eyes, one of them being covered by her hair. He noticed her necklace, a moon charm with a small stone in the middle. So she likes space, good to know. He noted.

When the boats reached the docks, he noticed the girl's hesitation to step out, as she witnessed others fall in and laugh, swimming to shore. Her friend noticed as well as she reached out both arms to help her and the girl nervously reached for them but pulled back as the boat rocked. Throwing her friend her book instead.

Draco walked over to the two girls and offered his hand out to the girl in the boat.

"Here."

The girl looked at him surprised but slowly took his hand, trembling as the boat shook under her feet.

"Don't focus on that, just look at me ok? Focus on me." He said as the girl locked onto his eyes and allowed him to pull her up. "See, all good."

He felt the girl stop trembling and he gave her a gentle smile. He heard her light voice give him a thanks as she was pulled away by her bubbly friend.

"Why were you so nice to her?" Crab asked him as his friends scurried up behind him.

"Shut it Crab." Draco replied snarkly as they followed to group up to the castle for the sorting ceremony.