30: So You Think You Can Cook

Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update, but better late than never, right? Hope you comment, vote, share, and enjoy this chapter! :) And even if you don't, your reads are enough to make you good peoples in my book! 

*************************

To The Alpha of The Imperial Hunters,

Our Alpha demands a Meeting as soon as possible; you see, he's more than excited to discuss the terms of the challenge. Now, you know as well as I that we can't have the Meeting at your place, nor ours, because the challenge will be set between our Alpha, and you, and any other people present would be unfair. Nonetheless, our Alpha will be bringing along a few members, just for his protection and safety. Make no mistake, though; if you or your Luna bring anyone along, we will tear them apart in less than a minute. The Meeting will take place in the Onyx Ink Forest, after three days, counting today, at the stroke of midnight. I suggest you make it on time; our Alpha is just a bit impatient, and won't deal well with having to wait on you or your mate.Oh, by the way, how is that precious mate of yours? Our Alpha is getting restless; he absolutely can't wait to lay his eyes on her. Let's hope she lives up to his expectations, and maybe, just maybe, he'll spare her and take her with him. You can't offer her any love either way, right? Not after the unfortunate incident concerning your parents, that is. But, if she's as much of a gem as we think she is, our Alpha will be all too happy to take her off of your hands, and show her the loving a real Luna deserves from her mate. But, we digress. See you in three days' time, unlucky Alpha.

Sincerely,

The Bringers of Hell

Disgust caused me to cringe when I read the last parts about taking me off of Axel's hands. Truthfully, it disgusted me to think of being with anyone else, at anyone else's side, besides Axel. Three days. I was going to die in three days. Pushing aside these morbid thoughts, I take a shaky breath, and manage to say,

"It's happening, isn't it? There's nothing we can do?"

Axel looks at me, and one of his hands moves to my cheek as he caresses it softly. Anguish fills his eyes as he answers, "There's nothing we can do."

"But we discussed this." Tears brew in my eyes, but I close them fiercely, refusing to let any escape. "One of us will survive this, and it'll be you. You know that, right? Because your family and pack needs you."

Suddenly, Axel's face goes blank and his hand drops, impassiveness settling into those beautiful green eyes of his. He just gives me a curt nod in response.

"Can I just ask you for one favor?" I plead gently, and Axel simply nods at me again. "Stay with me. Spend these next three days with me."

Softening a bit, he takes me into his arms, embracing me tightly. "I'll take that as a yes," I chuckle lightly, wrapping my hands around his waist immediately, head nuzzling into his chest.

"You look tired." He observes when he pulls away. "Let's go to bed." My heart soars when he mentions that he'll be sleeping with me, since we haven't slept together in the three days we've been avoiding each other. And, as cliche as it sounds, I haven't slept so soundly without him by my side.

And so we do go to bed, bodies entangled and contentment settling into both of our hearts as a ticking time-bomb hangs over our heads, counting down the time we have left.

As I'm about to readily slip into unconsciousness, I hear a slight, tender murmur from Axel. If I hadn't been so damn aware of him, of every action of his, of every word that escaped his mouth, what the murmur was might've never been comprehended.