281-290

Chapter 281: Encounter Chapter 281: Encounter
"Why didn't you wait for me and get married not long after I left? And why did you marry Jin Chang'an?" Du Yongnian's tone seemed to blame him.

How could Lin Xiu'e be happy after hearing this? She frowned and said, "I don't want to get married. Do you want me to wait for you all my life? Du Yongnian, you are so shameless."

These words were like a ruthless knife stabbing straight into Du Yongnian's heart, leaving him speechless.

"I know, I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry. Xiu'e, please forgive me."

"Okay, I don't want to hear this anymore. Please leave here and don't come to the door." Lin Xiu'e turned her back. She didn't want to pay attention to this man anymore.

Du Yongnian felt bad when he saw Lin Xiu'e's determined look. He always felt like a ball of cotton was stuck in his chest. He wanted to say something or do something. To make up for the ruthlessness of the time when I left.

Two minutes later, he hugged Lin Xiu'e from behind. Lin Xiu'e struggled for a few times, but stopped before she could get rid of the man.

"What are you going to do if you find me now?"

Du Yongnian hugged Lin Xiu'e, and his heart beat faster and faster. After many years of hugging, all this made him feel like he was in a dream. He whispered in Lin Xiu'e's ear: "Xiu'e, I was wrong, please don't Are you angry? I know you have had a hard time these years, and I am also suffering like you. After so many years, I have never forgotten you and always keep you in my heart. What did you do for me back then? I have carefully collected the pair of canvas shoes and the canvas bag that was sewn for me. I have also carefully collected the photos we had together, and no one has seen them."

She should say something to resist his behavior, but everything seemed so powerless. They had beautiful and touching memories. Lin Xiu'e had suffered for half her life, but she survived the most difficult time. Now that her son has grown up, she doesn't have many regrets. She just thinks of a memory she had with Du Yongnian when she was young, and she never lets it go.

Lin Xiu'e was naturally unable to resist Du Yongnian's tenderness.

After a moment of tenderness, Lin Xiu'e gradually woke up. She pushed Du Yongnian away hard: "I am a widow and I am not afraid of gossip. It's just that you have a family. If my sister-in-law sees it, it won't make a scene. You'd better go. Come on, don’t come again. I’ve lived half my life and just want to be quiet.”

Du Yongnian held Lin Xiu'e's hand tightly and said with some reluctance: "We finally meet again, and I don't want to have any regrets in this life. I will make up for you if I ever let you down. As long as you open your mouth, I will be satisfied with everything. you."

With these words, Lin Xiu'e felt that everything was satisfied, and the pain of those years seemed to be insignificant. Lin Xiu'e pushed Du Yongnian and said, "Let's go."

Du Yongnian stood up. He had a doubt in his heart that he wanted to ask out. It had been trembling in his heart these days, and now that there was no one else around, he could finally ask it out.

"Xiu'e, let me ask you something, and you must answer truthfully."

"Please tell me." Lin Xiu'e never dared to look into his eyes.

Du Yongnian asked: "Is Qiu Hai my son?"

Lin Xiu'e was shocked. She looked at Du Yongnian in confusion and asked hurriedly: "Where did you hear this?"

"I'm just asking you, are you right?" Du Yongnian's eyes were firm.

Lin Xiu'e also answered firmly: "No, you are overthinking."