Chapter 28

"Oh Rosie, I... why do you ask?" She turned her head away, shame filled in her voice. "Because I believe he is here dear, and he has my daughter with him," I said softly, quickly glancing at the others who looked really confused. She sighed loudly before gesturing to the sitting area, all of us following and sitting down.

"What I say... it mustn't leave this room," she stared at all of yes, everyone nodding in agreement. "Well how do I start this..." she sighed, looking down at her hands in her lap. "My husband, oh I love him so much and he really is a good husband," she looked up, nodding her head with a weak smile.

"But years and years ago when the children were still very young, around the time we first met Rosie, he was so busy with work... I felt like I had no attention from the one I loved," her smile faded as her eyes glossed. "Take your time dear," I reached out and placed a hand on her knee as she smiled weakly at me before continuing.

"So I um... I was in the Pride Ring, strolling around while Fred was Lucifer talking business and that's when I met Alastor," she said quietly. "He was charming and such a gentleman, he reminded me of Fred when we first met," she said, her voice cracking a bit.

"Anyways, Alastor and I started visiting quite a bit, going and having coffee or checking out new shops that had just opened. I had started developing feelings for him, and when he asked me if I could grant him permission to come to Envy, I happily agreed... not thinking twice of it," she shook her head.

"He came here and visited a few times and by that time, Fred was completely drowned with work and my feelings for Alastor had gotten far too strong," she sighed loudly. Oh my stars... this was not what I was expecting.

"Then when he came to visit, I confessed my feelings for him but he told me he had not felt the same, he saw us purely as friends which broke my heart in ways," she forced out a smile as she spoke. "But from then on, it damaged what friendship we had but made me realize how important my husband was to me and my relationship with Fred got better," she let out a deep breath.

"Oh goodness Beth, I had no idea," I said in shock. "I was too ashamed to tell anyone, I mean I practically had a one-sided emotional affair with my husband... he still doesn't know of it, so it's important this stays between the four of us," she glared daggers at the other two. "You got my word," Angel put up one of his hands. "I promise," Vaggie mumbled, nodding her head.

"As for Alastor being here now, I do know one place where he used to stay when he came, I can give you the directions but I can not accompany you there," she said softly. "Of course dear, I appreciate any help we can get, and your word is safe with us," I reassured her as she smiled softly at us.

Y/n's POV:

"Alastor, what the fuck was that thing?!" I asked as Alastor walked back into the cabin. "It seems Vox has found some new method of stalking us," Alastor said, flicking a piece of black plastic off his shoulder. "H-how did he find us?!" I raised an eyebrow at him in utter shock. It seemed to be if he really used his brain or tried, he could accomplish something. Surprisingly.

"A drone he must have flown through the barrier... I left a fair warning with him however dear. You see, there is a reason I haven't killed Vox yet, which could easily be doable... He was more like a pesky fly on the wall, flying away and hiding whenever you looked his way. But now, he's putting your wellbeing at sake, invading our privacy, I find it quite fitting he pays the price now," Alastor grinned, his eye twitching slightly.

I ran over to Alastor and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, I was worried but grateful. He cared about me, which brought a light to the darkness. But I didn't want him to risk his safety for mine. I've seen what Vox is capable of. He could manipulate someone with just a look. Almost all technology to his control. The idea of Alastor getting hurt made me feel very uneasy.