Chapter 6

"So Cannibal town huh? How's that?" Husk asked as I sipped the bitter bronze liquid. "It's nice, Rosie has a good hold on keeping everyone well and happy in town," I smiled, thinking about the town.

Rosie was good at making sure everyone was happy. Even Susan who was a bit hard to please. But the streets were clean from trash, the people were friendly, at least to those they liked. They weren't very friendly to outsiders, or traitors.

At first they weren't nice to me, wary of who I was. But then I grew on them, becoming accustomed to their daily lives.

"I wouldn't step foot in that town," Husk laughed. I laughed along with him, knowing fairly well they did have a tendency to eat newcomers, explorers, those looking for a new home.

"You like it here?" Angel asked, leaning onto his elbow. "Yeah it's nice here, not what I was expecting," I smiled at him. "Well what were you expecting?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Rosie had it in my head everything outside of Cannibal town was... well actual Hell. Which I mean it is, but it's nice here... I still wouldn't go outside at night though," I laughed a little.

"Yeah bad areas everywhere basically," Angel shrugged before he took a sip of his drink. I went to take a sip of my own drink before I realized I already drank it all. Well one drink went by fast, I wasn't really feeling anything either.

"Do you know Mimzy too?" Husk asked. "Mimzy? I think I've heard of her before," I thought about it, recalling briefly having a conversation with Rosie about her. Rosie didn't like her, called her a prude and said she had a habit of exploiting people.

"Oh well thank yourself you haven't had the pleasure of meeting her," Husk rolled his eyes. "The things I've heard aren't the... greatest. I suppose it holds truth?" I raised an eyebrow as Husk and Angel both nodded.

"She practically almost had the hotel attacked by loan sharks and came crying for Alastor's help," Angel told me. Damn. "W-wait? Alastor helped her?" My eyebrows knitted together.

"Yeah then told her to get lost," Angel hummed as he nodded. "Sometimes I just think he's a loner, befriends bad people," Angel leaned his head back, lost in a drunken thought. "Well are you guys his friends?" I asked.

"I think so?" Angel looked at me and then to Husk. Husk just shrugged before he grabbed my cup and refilled it. "Friendly acquaintances," Husk chuckled as he placed the cup in front of me.

"We're no Rosie to him," he laughed. "He never came to visit Rosie after he came back though," I muttered before I took a sip of the alcohol. Husk's eyes went wide before he quickly looked down. He knew something.

I tilted my head to the side, placing my cup back down. "What?" I asked quietly. "Nothing," Husk mumbled. "You know why, don't you?" I stared at him. "Don't go asking questions about it is all I'll tell y'a," he sighed.

His words left me with an uneasy feeling, not sure what to do with it. I sighed to myself, really starting to question things. Rosie would know right? When I left he had to have told her what happened in those 7 years, why he didn't come back to see her after. Right? She would've told me if I needed to know?

Soon that second drink became a third, then a forth, and then next thing I knew I was dancing to no music in the lobby with Angel. I felt the room spinning softly, my head as light as ever. I wasn't hammered, but I wasn't close to being sober either.

"You guys look like idiots," Husk laughed as he watched Angel and I just dance around the lobby. In my mind there was a song playing, a song I was dancing to. But in reality it was really just two demons moving their bodies to no beat.