Chapter 23

I stirred awake feeling the soft surface of the bed sinking around me like a hug from a cloud. I hummed softly as my eyes fluttered open, seeing Alastor wasn't next to me. I shot up, prepared to go searching for Alastor but I saw him sitting on the edge of the bed with his hands on his head resting on his now clothed knees.

Large scratch marks covered his back, looking quite painful. My heart ached at the thought that I hurt him. I put him in pain. But he looked stressed out right now, like something was bugging him. Haunting his mind.

I crawled over to him, being careful to put my hand where there wasn't a scratch. He looked over at me once he felt my touch, smiling weakly at me. "What's wrong?" I asked softly, it coming out as a whisper. He looked like he was in a mental warfare. Debating whether or not to tell me. His silence was eerie, making me question all sorts of things.

"Was it last night?" I asked nervously. Oh lord, what if he hated it, and is now contemplating it? What if he hates me now? Was something I thought was good terrible for him? My mind was running wild.

He looked up at me, arching up an eyebrow before he laughed. "No darling," he smiled at me as grabbed my hand from his back into his own. "I'm just not particularly fond of Rosie working with Vox," he sighed, turning his head away from me. "We'll figure it out, I don't... I really don't think she hates us," I brought my legs over the edge of the bed as I sat.

"Perhaps we should stay here and let the whole thing blow over," Alastor hummed in thought. "I don't think this is something that will just blow over Alastor," I mumbled.

Rosie clearly was not okay with Alastor and I being together.

And to top that off, Vox had giving her photos of Alastor and I, which one, is fucking disgust, but two... Alastor said she was disgusted with us. I had never really seen Rosie disgusted in her life. Not much can disgust the woman. So if this did... Well I'm fucked.

I didn't have much time to process this all myself. I felt disgusted in myself. Stupid biology! Why'd it give me these mushy gushy feelings?! If I didn't have these it wouldn't have gone to the extent it's grown. But it has. I didn't know how to fix this. I didn't even know what to think.

The person I viewed as my Mother hates me. She's disgusted by me. I bet she couldn't even look me in the eyes. It hurt so much to think that. It made my heart break into tiny little pieces the more I thought of it.

I felt tears dwell in my eyes, threatening to fall at any moment. I sniffled as I brought my forearm to my face, wiping away the tears before they could fall. Alastor placed his hand on my bare thigh and smiled weakly at me. "What are we gonna do Alastor?" I asked faintly.

"It's best we stay here for now and come up with a plan," he said softly. I smiled weakly at him, but inside I felt no hope for this plan that hadn't even been made yet.

Vox's POV:

"Rosie!" I opened my arms for a hug as the black eyed woman walked into my building. She glared at me, huffing a bit as she put a hand up, clearly not wanting a hug. Whatever. Like I care, pfft.

"Come, let me bring you to the meeting room," I smiled down at her before heading to the elevator she hesitantly followed me in. "This is just a meeting of discussion, nothing more Vox," she said sternly. "Oh I'm well aware," I brushed past her comment as the elevator doors opened.

I walked out quickly, going and grabbing the door and holding it open for Rosie as she walked in the meeting room. I smirked at one of my workers walking by before I shut the door and cleared my throat.