Chapter 16

Y/n's POV:

I was gonna die. I was dying inside. My brain wasn't braining anymore, I was just internally screaming. That was good, too good. I definitely like-liked Alastor. I enjoyed that kiss way too much, still feeling the ghost of his lips on mine. I couldn't fight it anymore, I was folding, and folding hard.

"Hmm," Alastor backed away from me, placing a hand on his chin as he thought. "W-what's wrong?" I asked, suddenly feeling super embarrassed. "There is a breakthrough point in everything dear... you see, I don't know which path would lead to the best outcome for either of us," he slowly paced back and forth as he talked, not really making any sense to me.

"Rosie... If she finds out about this... well ha I'm afraid I'd be skinned," Alastor chuckled, though it was in a way which seemed out of fear. "About us kissing?" I asked, trying to understand what he was going on about. "Well, yes. But I was meaning in a sense if this progresses, and also that I have your soul," Alastor talked with his hands, indicating to me that he was more anxious than I've ever quite seen.

"Wait, with the first one, I'm pretty sure she'd be fine with it... But also who said this is going to-", "Oh shut it darling, I know you want me," he cut me off and grinned at me, making my face drop and butterflies soar through my stomach.

"We have more important matters than questioning things we already know the answers to," Alastor continued. I blinked slowly, just trying to process everything. "I've known Rosie for a very long time, this is not something she'd be happy about at all," he pointed to himself and then me.

"When you brought her here to tell her everything, that was her doing a test my dear," Alastor walked over to me as he folded his hands behind his back. "She uses tactics like that a lot, mostly in business manners but she's so good at it you'd almost never be able to tell until it's too late," Alastor continued.

That actually made sense. I believe she told me something about it before. 'Setting the bait, and waiting for a bite. If no one took a bite, you're in the clear. But if they stink their teeth in, you know damn well what they're up to.' The words ran through my mind. Holy fuck she did that to Alastor and I.

My eyes went wide with realization as I looked at Alastor. "Oh you're right," I whispered, now sharing his feeling of uneasiness. "So you can understand my dear... She'd not be happy with any of this," Alastor said. I nodded in agreement.

But this wasn't good either way. I just admitted to myself finally I had feelings for him only to have to shut them away and pretend they don't exist?

"So it leaves us with two options. One, we continue this, but must keep it hidden. Or two, end this here, never speak of it again and continue on with our daily lives," Alastor clasped his hands together. "What about my soul? Are we also going to keep that hidden in both options?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"That is a must," he said sternly as his grin grew. "I need time to decide," I mumbled. This was a lot to all take in and so soon too. I just admitted to myself I had feelings for him. Only to now be left with a decision to rid of them or let them grow. The problem was, I was trying to rid of them before, only to have them grow more.

"As do I," Alastor hummed as he stepped back, staring down at the floor for a moment, lost in thought. "I'll uh.. Okay," I mumbled awkwardly as I just walked out of his room. My heart ached a bit, like it had just been sliced into.

I walked down the hall to the lobby, seeing Angel look up at me as I walked in. "Oh hun, what happened?" He asked, like he knew I just had my heart fiddled with. I looked at him, a pout forming on my lips.