Chapter 27

Vox's POV:

"So you go in with this on, I'm sure this fuck face won't be able to tell the difference," I grinned as I shoved a box tv mask over my worker's head. Quickly crafted this bad boy up... looked like one of the older models I had. "Y-yes Mr. Vox, sir," the worker said through the mask. "There is a camera here, microphone and small speaker I'll use to talk through," I said as I slid the van door open and shoved the worker out.

"Good luck!" I patted the guy on the shoulder as he walked over to the creepy ass factory. "Oh he's so fucked," I laughed as I looked over at the tv which showed the camera view from the mask. "S-sir your microphone is on," the worker mumbled awkwardly. My face dropped, awkwardly leaned over to the microphone and hitting the off button.

I leaned forward in my chair as the guy opened the door, stumbling into the dim lit factor. Could this dude not try to walk, I don't know, MORE LIKE ME. "Vox," the voice rang through the speaker. My fingers curled into my fist in excitement, ready to see this fuckers face.

I quickly turned the microphone back on, pulling it up to my mouth. "Hello mysterious guy, I am here," I grinned as I spoke. Suddenly a figure jumped in front of my worker, causing him to stumble back a bit. "This is not you Vox," the fucker had a cloak covering his face. "No, no this is me, do you not hear my voice?" I said, trying to sound more persuasive.

"You're in a van outside Vox," the man said as he grabbed the mask off my workers head and pulled the camera to his shady face. Still unable to make out any features. "Get in here or your worker dies," the man said. "Ugh fuck my life," I muttered under my breath as the man dropped the mask before stomping down on it, destroying the feed to the camera.

I sighed as I stood up, heading out the van to the factory. "Well this is how you fucking die, good going Vox," I muttered to myself as I stepped through the factory doors and saw this cloaked man holding my worker, a knife to his throat. "Do we really need to go to these lengths?" I raised an eyebrow at the man as I stood still, keeping my distance.

"I told you to come alone Vox," the man growled. "Now this man will die at your ignorance," the man pushed the blade harder, not cutting through the worker's throat yet though. "Okay," I rolled my eyes.

The man lowered the blade, a hand tightly holding the shoulder of my worker though. "W-what? Just okay?" He sounded shocked. "Well there is a reason I picked Steve to pretend to be me dumbass, I obviously don't value his life," I scoffed. "I-it's actually Dale," the worker raised his finger up.

"Yeah well Dale, I don't give two fucks," I rolled my eyes as I forced out a smile. "Um... I wasn't expecting this," the mystery man said. "Just tell me how I can get to the other sides," I glared at the man, trying to make out his features.

"I will tell you... But for a deal," the man placed the knife back at Dale's throat. "Mhm, and what is that?" I asked, annoyed. "I want a phone," the man grumbled out. "Wait?! You're telling me you will tell me this for a phone?! Ha this is the richest thing I've ever heard, hell you can 50 of them!" I laughed my ass off. How was this lowlife in possession of this knowledge and couldn't even afford one of my phones. Fucking hilarious.

"Really?" The man's voice raised up. "Uh yeah, now tell me what you know," I crossed my arms as the laughter wore off. The man shoved Dale to the ground, pulling a small book out of his cloak and throwing it to me. "What's this?" I raised an eyebrow as I knelt down and picked up the small book which seemed to be a thickly folded piece of paper.

"It's a map with the weak entry points to other rings, I've been through all of them except Wrath... I would avoid going there if I were you," he shuddered at the thought. "Well thanks... I guess, you can keep Dale," I grouched as I spun on my heel as Dale pleaded. Ugh, he made me the least amount of money out of everyone. Dale could stay here and rot for all I cared.