Is The Moon drifting away? 1/3

In the distance, Earth and Mercury were casually chatting.

Earth: Mercury, I forgot to ask, did Mars ever ask you?

Mercury: He has not asked me anything in the past... a week or two? I haven't seen Mars recently.

Earth: Oh, we went on something about how Venus is missing again... Keep telling him not to worry about it since Venus is usually quite absent.

Mercury: Yeah, I've only seen Venus like what? Two of three times so far.

Though, millions of miles away there is the Moon, Earth's only natural satellite.

Moon was keeping to himself, as always he stared into the darkness of space drowning in his thoughts, Moon was always kind of naturally like this in an average time of quietness for him.

But then here comes the ISS (International SpaceStation)

ISS: Yo, MOON! Down here fool!

Moon couldn't hear ISS, not yet, however.

ISS: Down here dude!

Moon looked down though he didn't look quite proud.

Moon: ISS? What the hell are you doing out here? I feel like inanimate objects shouldn't even talk.

ISS: Yeah, and? Ur literally a sentient talking moon what's ur point, Luna?

Moon: That is a fact I guess I can't argue with that... but like a literal space station? Let me guess the other spacecraft do too.

ISS: Oh, you know it!

Moon: I was being sarcastic.

ISS didn't feel like waiting for the Moon's bitter comments.

ISS: Alright, just to the point- look... I have something to tell you but promise not to take it TOO seriously...

Moon: Just tell me ISS.

ISS: Well, have you heard of the mirrors, Neil Armstrong left on your surface?

Moon looked confused.

Moon: Mirrors? What now my surface is some fashion trend for humans? Just imagine Gen-Z when they find out, I won't get a break...

ISS: No- so Neil Armstrong left some mirrors on the moon and a laser was shot from space to the mirrors and they calculated how much time it takes to get back to Earth.

Moon: Wh- That's stupid, I'm 238,900 miles away from Earth, shouldn't they know that with the technology they have?

ISS: Well, they use it because you are... Drifting away...

Moon looked completely unphased.

Moon: ISS, I literally cannot take you seriously.

ISS: I ain't lying-

ISS was abruptly cut off by the Moon.

Moon: Yeah, I already know that I'm moving away from Earth, sure it sucks but it's by like 2CM a year! No worries.

ISS: And Is Earth aware?

Moon looked a bit guilty.

Moon: Him? Nah... I haven't told him, he doesn't need to know! I mean- yeah it might sound BAD but I wanna keep his spirit going!

ISS: If you say so, but I think it's better to drop the truth!

Moon gravitationally flung ISS in a random direction.

Moon: Now that's dealt with...

Moon looked back into the darkness of space.

With ISS...

ISS: AGH- I swear this is why I dislike talking with Luna sometimes, he's always so bitter -

Earth looked down at the ISS.

Earth: How's it going there?

To be continued.