VIII.

Thalia hums the tune of a distantly familiar song, her fingers grappling with the TV remote in search of a good show to binge.

Finn sits beside her, legs propped up on the coffee table. "Come on, let's just watch the office."

"Again?"

"I miss Dwight."

With a sigh, Thalia places the remote down on the coffee table and turns toward Finn. She leans in closer, their shoulders touching.

"I'm starting to think you like dwight more than me." She narrows her eyes in an accusing manner.

"I don't like anyone more than you."

A snicker emerges from the brunettes before she plants a fleeting kiss on his lips.

Before Thalia can fathom, Finn pulls her back in and connects their lips in a deeper kiss. Her heart skips a beat at the abrupt gesture, but even so, she melts into it.

Within a few moments, his hands find their way to her waist, pulling her onto his lap.

She smiles amidst the kiss, granting him the boldness to nibble on her lip, slipping his tongue between hers when she gasps.

This feels unfamiliar. It's unlike their previous make-out sessions, carrying a subtle hint of salaciousness. The realisation sends Thalias heart on a marathon.

His curious hands slide up her shirt, sending a shiver down her spine as his cold fingertips meet the warmth of her waist.

Her anxiety is palpable once Finns hand makes its way to her chest, feeling her racing heart.

He breaks the kiss, their faces still dangerously close. "Are you... Is this okay?"

Thalia nods eagerly, her response swift. "Yeah... I'm fine. This is fine."

"Are you sure?" Finn whispers against her lips, prompting her to nod once again.

Accepting her affirmation, he draws her back into a kiss, their tongues intertwining in a sway of carnality.

Finns lips trail along her jawline and trace a path down to her neck and collarbones, occasionally leaving behind faint marks that might require some makeup to conceal.

He relishes in the hushed sounds escaping Thalias lips; It's even more gratifying when he knows he's the cause.

Abruptly, the piercing ding of the doorbell shatters the moment, jolting them back into reality.

Finn sighs, letting his head fall back in resignation while a frowning Thalia reluctantly leaves his lap.

She settles back into her previous position, smoothing out her tousled hair.

The pair gazes at one another- faces flushed, hair disheveled, lips swollen and crimson.

Clearing their throats, they avert their eyes, each attempting to regain their composure in the wake of the interruption.

Finn rises to his feet, leaving Thalia to gather her thoughts as he heads to answer the door.

As the door swings ajar, Thalias curiosity compels her to steal a glance over her shoulder, inspecting the unexpected visitor stood in the threshold.