III.

Thalias gaze roves from rack to rack, already aware that she won't be buying anything from this store.

If it's not a designer brand, it's not on her radar.

"I think this would suit you." Her mother gestures toward the most hideous dress Thalias ever seen.

She wastes no time to shake her head. "Not really."

With a frown, Talulla takes a hold of her daughters arm and continues to stroll along the isles.

Thalia is well aware that the reason for her mothers visit isn't her impending birthday, but rather about the burdens weighing on her mind.

Her parents never bother to drive all the way to Paris for her birthdays. instead, they usually send a gift, often money.

"Honey, I forgot to ask," Talulla begins, "how are things with Finn? You two still in contact?"

"Oh... not really."

Thalia bites her lip, hoping her mother will stray off and leave the topic alone.

"Why not? Don't tell me you two got in an argument about something. You never fought as kids. If anything happened, I advise you to make up before it's too late."

Thalia sighs. "It's not really the best time for that. The whole Camille thing... it's way harder on him than it is on me."

"Yes, and in times like these, we need our friends."

"Or he needs time," Thalia shrugs her shoulders, "and space."

The ambience of reverence wanders through the grand halls as Thalia walks beside her mother.

Ironically, her mother wanted to visit the louvre museum.

Despite being a frequent visitor, ever since Finn left, Thalia has refrained from stepping foot within the museum. Nowadays, her presence is solely confined to the cafe here.

"Your father just messaged me." Talulla smiles. "He'll be here tomorrow morning with our gifts."

"You're staying over tonight?"

Thalias mind fills with dread as her mother nods. Of-course this happens to her.

At least it's only her mother. If both her parents were to stay over, she'd have to hear them arguing all night- or something worse.

As they continue roaming the premises, Thalias gaze falls upon a sculpture that eerily resembles Camille. Its features are identical to hers, unmistakably hers.

Perhaps she's going insane now.

"Hey guys."

With a smile, Thalia sits down next to Juniper and Adeline on the spacious couch.

Her mother settles on the one-person couch, eyes glued to her phone- most probably Facebook.

"Mom?"

"Hm?" She doesn't bother to look up.

Thalia clears her throat. "This is my roommate Juniper and their girlfriend."

Finally tearing her gaze from the screen, Talulla shoots the couple a warm smile. "Oh, hello. I've heard so much about you, Juniper."

As they engage in small-talk, Thalia excuses herself and wanders away to the kitchen.