VI.

The professional lighting equipment and ceaseless flashes would've overwhelmed Thalia if she hadn't gotten used to them over the years, just as she's gotten used to the makeup artists, stylists and photographers watching her every move.

She wears an intricately designed outfit that accentuates her features, adhering to the brands aesthetic.

The photographer directs her movements, stopping once an assistant rushes in with a note.

"You have a visitor, miss Verlice."

She steps out of frame, expecting Juniper or Finn. She watches with lifted eyebrows as Pierre nervously strolls in, carrying a small cup of espresso.

"You look..." he stammers, "you look really pretty."

She snickers, grabbing the coffee and taking a tiny sip. "Thank you. How'd you know I was here?"

"Oh... your friend Finn was at the cafe earlier and I may have asked him."

A smile covers her face as she glances over her shoulder, finding the photographers listening in on their conversation with focus.

"Well, I should probably return to that. You can sit over there and, you know, watch me stun." She flips her hair to the side with flair, earning a giggle from him.

"I would love to."

As the photoshoot resumes, Thalia sneaks occasional glances at him between shots, noticing a consistent gleam in his eyes with each click of the camera.

Heels echo on the polished marbled floor as Thalia makes her way through her home, halting at the living room. The sight she stumbles upon tightens a knot in her throat, a sensation she swallows down.

Finn and a girl, presumably the one he went out with, occupy the couch. Her head rests on his shoulder, his arm draped around her.

Their giggling and teasing creates a whirlwind in Thalias mind, the weight on her chest returning.

Unable to endure any more of it, she frustratedly opens and shuts the refrigerator door.

The loud noise grabs their attention, just as she intended. They turn their heads toward her.

"Hey Lia." Finn smiles while the girl beside him waves. Suppressing a scowl, Thalia walks over to them.

"This is Camille. We're watching Finding Nemo because she's never seen it."

"Well, I'm not really big on animated movies." Camille giggles, nestling her head further into Finns shoulder.

Struggling not to gag, Thalia forces a smile. "Well, I hope you enjoy it. I'm heading up to my room; I've got some work to do."

She pivots on her heels, swiftly exiting the scene. She'd rather be anywhere but here.

Thalia slams the door shut, channeling her inner angsty teenager, and flops backward onto the comforting expanse of her bed.

The plush pillows and silk sheets welcome her, creating a soft haven for the turmoil in her mind.

She shouldn't be grappling with these emotions in the first place. Having feelings for Finn is inherently wrong, and she bears sole responsibility for allowing such somber to break loose within her. It's her fault.