X.

Seated at her vanity table with legs crossed, Thalia absentmindedly skims through the dull pages of her book.

She occasionally steals glances in Finns direction, who is packing his bags - a sight that she's been dreading.

"You sure you don't wanna come to the airport?"

Thalia shakes her head in an instant. "No, I still don't feel too well. Sorry."

Truth be told, she can't bear to go that far. To be with him during the last moments of his presence here is self sabotage.

"Alright. I'll miss you."

He forms his hands into a heart, and she reciprocates with a smile.

"I'll miss you too. Now go say bye to your beautiful girlfriend."

With a hum, Finn rushes out of the room, leaving Thalia to set aside the book she hadn't been reading and exhale heavily.

She's accepting the reality that Finn has found someone special besides her, that he's committed to making it work with her, even in a long-distance relationship.

She's accepting how pretty she is, how she brings happiness to Finn, and how much he's into her.

She's accepting these truths because Finn is her best friend, and that's the extent of their relationship - another aspect she's accepting.

Everything is the way it's meant to be, and she's accepting it.

2:30.

Thalias gaze doesn't dare to leave the clock. Finn will be home at any moment, marking the end of their time together for a while, perhaps indefinitely.

"Lia?"

With a flinch, she turns around to find him smiling at her from behind the couch.

"Oh! You're back." She clears her throat. "I didn't even notice the time."

"Yeah... well, uh, I'll go get my bags and then be on my way."

His voice carries a trace of nervousness, sounding almost hesitant.

She nods and rises from the sofa, not letting one heartbeat pass before striding towards him and engulfing him in a tight hug.

A chuckle escapes his lips as he returns the embrace.

Thalia feels a wave of emotions rising within her, threatening to spill over. Still, she manages to keep it locked within.

She's accepting this.

After what seems like an eternity, they reluctantly pull away.

Finn gazes at her for a minute. His eyes are laid on her in a way that feels wrong, as if just his stare is crossing the boundaries.

"I should go. I don't wanna miss the flight."

She nods with a forced smile, bringing him into another quick hug before muttering a farewell.