IV.

"Finn?"

Thalias puzzled eyes glance around the house, searching for the tall brunette. Upon coming across no sight of him, she checks her phone.

Finn

HEY
might be out a while!
but dw
i made lasagna before i left
check the microwave :)
see u tonight!!

She sighs, retrieving the lasagna from the microwave, resigned to survive on it while he's away.

In the two decades she's grazed this planet Earth, Thalia has never bothered to prepare a meal for herself. It's always been ordering in, dining out, or turning Juniper and Finn into her personal chefs.

Seated on the couch, she cues up Netflix on her flat-screen TV, absently watching Girl Interrupted, her go-to comfort movie despite its lack of comfort.

Yet, her mind is elsewhere - last night.

She makes an effort to remain in denial, avoiding the intruding thoughts and feelings, either pushing them away or attributing them to other causes.

However, evasion can only last so long.

How safe she felt in his hold, the gentle touch of his fingertips on her skin sending a chill down her spine. She could feel his heart racing in his chest, mirroring hers.

Finn makes her feel the closest she's ever felt to home. It's a warm, safe sensation.

Truth be told, Thalia has often wondered about an alternate reality where she never moved to Paris. It's not a novel sentiment.

He was her first friend, the one person she could never harbor resentment for, no matter what. While Thalia loves Juniper, they can still often get on her nerves.

Unlike Finn.

Running into Finn at the Louvre made Thalia feel, only for a moment, like she had never left Vancouver.

Time and distance play a significant role here. If Finn had permanently moved to Paris or if Thalia somehow returned to Vancouver, perhaps things would be different.

Perhaps he would feel the same way, allowing her foolish desires to be something more than what they are.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

Finn places the cash on the counter, walking back bearing two cones of ice cream.

"Here you go- mint chocolate chip." He states, crinkling his nose in overplayed disgust as he hands the cone over to the girl.