Chapter 16

Before school starts I am with Samuel.

I feed him all the information I obtained about her books and that the next one will be in today. He takes it all in, conjuring up a plan.

He does not tell me what it is but I will find out.

During lunch he heads to the book store.

I follow him loosely.

We're not allowed to leave campus during school hours so this could go seriously wrong.

I watch him from a distance, he rifles through all the books.

He finds the self with The Bleeding Sun, taking one and........... There.

The shelf with The Moon's Wound.

Every second someone comes to take a book.

By the amount of books there are there's a chance that Willow may still be able to get one after school.

Well, not anymore.

I watch how he grabs several dozens of The Moon's Wound, buying them all.

There's no way Willow will be able to get a book now.

Before the end of lunch I make my way back to school undetected.

Then, Duncan rushes to me. His body movements suggests he wants to ask me something.

"Yo." He says with a quick wave as he approaches

"Hey."

"How're you and Candy?"

"Ok?" I say, with a tone of confusion.

"Well I was thinking maybe we could have a double date. You know me and Carly and you and Candy."

For a few moments silence, only the sound of our stomping shoes hitting the ground before I speak. "No."

"C'mon dude, I really need this."

"It was her idea right."

"Yeah."

I see the desperation in his eyes, it reminds me of Rohan.

A double date would not be of my best interest but to keep my alliance with him compromises will need to be made. That and I cannot say bring myself to reject his offer.

"I'll ask Catherine if she's interested."

"Thanks man. I'll text you the details."

After school I see how Willow heads to the book store. The sight of all the books sold out paints her face with sorrow and disappointment.

As she leaves the store Samuel conveniently shows up. "I didn't know you read books too." He says.

"What're you doing here?"

"Well I accidentally grabbed two of the same book so I'm going to return it."

Willow stares at him, quickly assessing the situation. "Which book?"

"Oh just The Moon's Wound."

"How much?" Willow demands.

"Sorry?"

"How much do you want for the book?" Willow says with a louder tone.

"For you..............."

No!

He turned his back now I can't see what he said.

I watch how the two walk off, whatever he said must've gotten her to go with him.

I guess there's no art today.

Back on campus I'm with Catherine in my dorm.

"Catherine."

"Hmm?" Calling her name she looks to me, attention full lured like wounded deer to a mountain lion. Patiently waiting for what I have to say.

"Would you be interested in um....... A double date maybe?"

"You really need to ask? Who'er we going with?"

"Duncan and his girlfriend."

Lone Wolf On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara