Chapter 8

I meet up with Willow everyday.

We don't speak, or she doesn't want me to.

I just watch her draw in silence.

I don't mind, I've never been the chatty type anyway.

I watch the way her hand moves with the brush, swift like a leaf dancing in the wind.

It's come to a point where she's at is with me watching, sometimes she even uses my shoulders as a stepping stone to reach higher up the walls.

With that being said, something's changed. She hasn't allowed me to see her latest art yet.

Maybe she's tired of letting me watch her.

                               •••

Back at school Duncan's name has been getting a lot of praise lately.

He was the only one to ever stand up to Rohan, now his gone for good.

I guess no one actually liked him, just wearing a mask of admiration and respect to cover their hatred for him.

Personally I see this as a win, no more homework to give. The downside is everywhere I go with Duncan I'm being noticed too.

I am his "Best Friend" after all.

With Rohan no longer here they put Duncan on the team.

And now I'm in the principal's office, sinked in the worn out seat.

"I'm sure you're aware that the school clubs have become mandatory." He says in a hollow voice, like he's rehearsed this a hundred times.

"Yes." A bland response. From that first sentence I realise where this is headed, and I am not amused.

He grabs a page from a file of his and slides it towards me. " Here's the list of available clubs, you have until the end of the day to decide."

Just great, performing meaningless activities with one another to emphasize cooperation and team building.

I hate everything about this.

As I go through all of my options I reflect on what I actually enjoy doing.

Gaming, but there's nothing remotely similar to that.

I then check for the second best option.

After an entire day of deciding, I finally submit the list.

From now on I'm a drama club member.

Don't get it twisted, I won't be performing. I'll just be the one handling the lights the special effects.

Hopefully nothing goes wrong but, knowing me, it probably will.

                              •••

As I arrive to rehearsals I see Catherine.

Of course she'd be in the drama club too.

She's has the main role, the play we're doing is the Pretty and the Brawn.

A story made by man showing how two distinctly different beings can still come together and make it work.

She sees me.

I see her.

We see each other.

Her eyes tell me she hasn't forgotten of what I've done.

My eyes tell her that I am sorry and that I wish things could've been different.

After learning how to work the lights I head back to my dorm.

As I get to the door I hear the sounds of moaning and banging against the wall. I know what's happening.

I quickly turn back heading as far away as possible.

My phone's battery is low, lower than it's ever been. I have a knack for keeping my phone on a high percentage until now.

Without my phone to keep me company I am left wandering through town.

I then see Willow, she's in a book store. As I walk pass the store she notices me through the window. I then scurry past.

Hopefully she doesn't think I'm stalking her.

As I continue walking I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn, there's no one. As I look straight again I notice she's right in front of me.

Vampire speed.

"I'm not stalking you I promise." I am quick to stop any thoughts she may have if why I was walking pass.

"I want to show you something." She however does not seem to care what I have to say.