Chapter 9

She takes me to the subway by one of the walls. It's covered with large sheet.

With a tug of the sheet she reveals new latest art.

Magnificent.

Words would not do justice to what she has done here.

After showing me her art we spend the rest of our time together in silence.

I watch her.

She sees.

I look away.

As the sun slowly leaves to summon the night I make my way back to my room.

After another week of torture one would think the weekend would bring peace to this hell hole, but alas, it's parent weekend.

So no playing Stay Alive for me.

They come bright and early, they expect me to know how to wolf out by now.

I told them that I haven't yet, I see the disappointment in my father's eyes.

He cannot hide the fact that he is mad my life has not gone the way he intended.

I take them on a tour of the school, showing off the school facilities to try to impress them. That's the only way I get to stay here.

As the day comes to an end, evening strikes. With this the school has prepared a feast of every kind of delicacy you could find.

All the families coming together to eat their supper.

Of course me and my family don't join. We're off to the woods to find food for the night.

A dear.

It's not too far from us.

My father sends my brother Ronnie to catch it.

His the the middle child.

With a wave of my father's hand he's off. Forming into a werewolf and charging towards it.

A few minutes he comes back with the kill.

Next up is Spike. The second oldest, just under Luna.

He comes back with a dear and it's off spring.

Next he sends Eden, the second youngest just before me.

I watch how they hunt, how their fangs pierce the dears throat, killing them instantly.

Three full grown dears and a chaff, this is nothing compared to back home.

Like always, I get the worst parts of it.

The next day we're back at the in the woods.

My father forces us to fight each other.

Well not me. I'm not ready to join them.

He says it'll prepare us for when the times right.

I watch how my brothers pin each other to the ground.

I simple watch beside my mother. I like to think my eye sight is one of my better senses. I watch and take note. From the way they hold their stances to how they engage with each other.

I study their weak points. It might not be useful for me now but it will be in the future.

Hopefully.

After some time I decide I do not want to watch anymore and I leave.

I stand at the edge of a lake, skipping stones to entertain myself.

Not long after I see Luna approaching me.

"Hey bud."

"Sister." I do not hide the unhappiness I feel.
" How you holding up?"  She sees the displeasure on my face but still feels the need to ask.

"Better before you guys came." My reply is blunt. I do not feel the need to out on an act around her.

"I think you're just saying that coz of dad." I do not answer.

"Look, I know he can be tough but he just wants the best for you."

"I know. That's the problem."
" You think you're not good enough?" She knows me far too well.

"I know I'm not."

She walks to the edge of the dock, sitting with her feet dunked into the water. "Well if it makes you feel better, I think you're great just the way you are."

"Yeah right." I brush her encouraging words off as I sit beside.

"It's true. You'll be the best of all of us, I just know it." I try not to show it but her words give me joy. She knows but she pretends with me.

"Thanks but aren't you supposed to be with Kevin?"

"I took a little break to see my baby brother."

"I'm not a baby."

"You sure?"

She infects me with tickles across my body, now I am bursting with laughter.

We then sit together as I rest my head on her shoulder.

Our mother watches us from a distance. She sees how Luna treats me. It brings her joy.

My dad wouldn't care less, his too busy with my brothers.