Chapter 20

As me and Willow step back inside we see Rohan confronting Pearl.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Pearl questions.

"It's it obvious. I came here for you."

"Are you serious? We're done. You're not even allowed to be here."

"It's not like anyone gonna stop me. I got my boys to wreck a few of those things in the drama room to keep the teachers busy for a while."

"Are you out of you're mind!?"

"Pearl, please. I did this for you."

"I don't care."

With the reveal that all the equipment of the drama club has been destroyed Catherine weeps in despair. I rush over to try comforting her but then Scott, her partner in the play stands up against Rohan.

"Hey! You know we worked really hard on that play and you think you can just mess that up just to get to Pearl, who by the way doesn't even like you anyway." Scott shouts.

"Well what're you gonna do about it."

Two wolves arguing on a red moon. That spells trouble.

When a blood moon occurs werewolves become much more powerful and aggressive, some or than others.

I watch how the two of them transform and begin attacking one another.

Each trading blows, destroying everything in their path.

With this all the students would stampede through the exit, running faster than a train to it's station.

As all of this would happen Pearl would get stomped over by all the fleeing children.

My mind tells me I should just leave her and get Catherine safe from here. "Get out, I'll be right back."

But I do not.

I guess Ms Holland was right, I guess chivalry isn't dead.

"C'mon, we gotta go." I call to Pearl, extending my hand out to her.

She looks back at me, baffled by the assistance.

As Rohan would mercilessly take down Scott I would quickly grab Pearl getting her out of the building.

When exiting my eyes search for Catherine like a hawk searching for it's next meal. Concern painted all over me face.

Where could she be?

There!

I turn to find she has gone to help the unconscious Scott.

A vampire should be a match for a werewolf, but not under these conditions.

His strength is boosted tenfold by the moon.

Too afraid I watch how Catherine fights back against Rohan.

The more she fights the more worried I become.

I should do something.

No.

I can't help her.

I can't help anyone.

As the battle rages on I watch how he brutally beats her with every swipe of his claws and kick of his leg.

With the screams coming from all sides and the sight of my mate being hurt turns my fear into anger.

Fueled with rage, adrenaline and the blood moon I charge towards Rohan.

My teeth and claws sharpen like a razor, my fur covering my body like a thick blanket, nose, ears extend as my body multiples in size.

I finally wolf out.

Rohan's face turns to terror as he looks up to me.

I do not remember much after.

Only glimpses of what happened.

I then wake up naked deep within the woods.

I wonder through the forest, trying to find my way back.

I come across an old cabin. From the looks of it it hasn't been used in years.

I then use it's facilities, freshening up and grabbing an old robe, wrapping it around me.

When I finally get back to school I am met with eyes all around.

This time not of disgust but fear.

The way they back up at my presence.

It's alarming.