Chapter 1

My name is Lycan Clawstone.

I'm a Werewolf.

Or at least that's what I'm supposed to be.

I've never actually wolfed out before.

Which should be strange since I'm turning seventeen already.

Most start wolfing by the the time they hit puberty.

My mother says I'm a late bloomer.

My dad thinks there's something wrong with me. Maybe his right, I am the last born after all.

All my older siblings mastered their transformations at a young age.

As a last resort my mother sent me to Agore Academy, a school made to bring all monsters together.

Vampires, Zombies, Goblins, etc.

She thought bringing me to this school would help me find my "inner wolf ".

My dad thought it was a bad idea, he wanted to teach me himself.

For what it's worth I'm glad I came here, gave me an excuse to stay and play video games.

That wouldn't be allowed back home.

I wake to the shine of dawn breaking through the horizon. A beam of light slithering through the the space between my curtains, burning my face.

Like most days I spend my time moving from class to class, like a lost soul. No friends, invisible to the average person.

The ones that catch my presence are the popular kids. They torture us. The ones at the bottom of the school hierarchy.

I sit in class watching as the minutes would turn to seconds before freeing me from this agony.

The bell goes.

Finally, lunch time, I think as I make my way towards the restroom where I always spend my breaks. On the way I get stopped by Rohan, the co-leader of the popular kids, and my worst nightmare , of course. Who else would it be. He's been picking on me since eighth grade.

"Sup ass wipe". His voice sends shivers down my spine.  "You know why I'm here." He says this leaning up against my frail body, looking down from behind my shoulder.

Without a second thought my hands rifle through my sling bag, grabbing notes from between my hand books.

I hand him the completed homework we got yesterday.

He snatches it out of my hand and quickly goes through all the answers, not knowing a single one. "Is this all of it."

My mouth clamped shut. I do nothing but nod my head.

"Heh, at least you're good for one thing." He says this as he walks away, joy in his step.

The rest of my lunch I spend locked in one of the toilets. The walls and the tiled floor white like a open canvas. The lighting harsh and fluorescent, bouncing off the colourless bathroom, making it feel like a place that's not very welcoming. Not to mention the a faint smell of cleaning products that's not quite strong enough to cover up the lingering scent of other people who have used the bathroom before.

I ignore all of it while playing "Stay Alive" on my phone. It's about a human trying to stay alive for seven days while being hunted by all kinds of monsters. It's quite addictive.

Not long after the bell sounds around campus. Off I go to my next class.

On my way I get glared by the popular kids. Their eyes pierce me like stakes to the heart.

Pearl Shellac, their other leader, and the biggest bitch in school. She's a mermaid, so popularity comes with the territory.

After escaping their field of vision I get to my next class. There I would find a girl sitting beside me. This is probably the closest I'll ever get to one.

With quick glimpses I get a look at her.

Piercings, short black hair, black lipstick, black nail polish, the only thing bright about her is her pale skin. Definitely a vamp.

"You know I can see you looking at me."