Chapter 21

I walk through the hallway, making my way towards my room.

Eyes fixed on me like a shell to the back of a turtle.

Their eyes tell me that whatever I did, it wasn't good.

When I get to my room I find Duncan, Catherine, Willow and Samuel sitting together like people who've lost a love one.

Upon seeing me Catherine sprints into my arms with joy before quickly stepping back with caution.

She's weary too.

Now they all surround me with concern spread over their faces.

"Are you ok?" Catherine asks.

"I'm fine."

"What happened to you?" Willow questions, arms folded in on each other as she looks at me with concern. I've never seen that expression on her face before.

"I don't know, all I remember was I wolfed out and attacked Rohan. Did he win?"

"Dude, you put him in the ICU. Every bone in his body broken, not to mention damaged organs." Duncan says, jumping up from his bed.

"I did that?"

"If it wasn't for Willow you would've killed him.
Lycan: Willow?" Samuel says.

Willow shrugs. "It was nothing."

"What about the drama club, did they find out who broke the equipment?"

"They were apprehended yesterday." Catherine says, still unsettled by the tone of her voice.

"After the dance?" I ask.

"The dance was 3 days ago." Duncan says as he sits back down.

"What!? I've been a werewolf for that long?"

"We all thought you ran away after what happened." Samuel says.

After finding out what happened I am in the principal's office, he's contacted my parents.

Mr Addams, quickly turning to face me from his chair as I enter. "It's a good thing you're back before you're parents arrived."

"My parents?"

"Yes, I contacted them after the dance, they said they'll be here by tomorrow."

My mouth opens to say something, before erasing the thought.

"I understand that was your first time wolfing out?" He asks.

"Yes."

"Well since it was your first and to protect a fellow student no punishment will be dealt. To ensure that you control your form in the future the local pharmacist has prescribed this for you."

It's pills. Used to block us from transforming and weakening our power.

"This is only temporary until you learn to master your transformation."

"I understand."

After my "lovely" chat with the principal I am off to my regular classes.

I thought after wolfing out my life would finally turn around I wouldn't be seen as freak but this is worst.

To them I am now a monster to be feared.

My invisibility has been stripped from me. I am now in everyone's field of vision.

My life was better before I wolfed out.

Maybe this is just a nightmare and I'll wake up any second.

During lunch I see Pearl inviting me to converse with her. Now I truly believe this is all just a nightmare.

"Hey." She says, after taking the time to walk up to me.

I remain quiet. I don't need a topping of insults on my stack of problems. I walk pass her unresponsive, I do not have the time nor energy to be mocked.

As I steadily walk to class I hear her footsteps behind me. Who knows, maybe she wants to take a photo with the so called "monster". Bet that'll get her the attention she wants on social media.

"Lycan!" She shouts from behind me.

Surprised she took the time to remember my name. Who am I kidding, everyone probably knows my name by now.

"Please leave me alone." I say, keep my voice monotone and calm."

"Could you just stop for a second." She ask, trying to keep up with me from behind.

"Why? Wanna document your "encounter" with me for your followers or something?" I snap, anger seeping from my voice.

I've never lashed out like this to someone I've never spoken to before. With Willow it was different because I became comfortable with her but this, I guess the transformation has really changed me.

"No. I just wanted to say thank you."

The words of appreciation leaves me shocked like a taser to the neck. I never expected to hear this from Pearl.

I then turn to see any dishonesty sketched on her face.

There's none.