Chapter 13

He stands before me, the sun blocked by his presence.

He stands as though he was just a silhouette. His glasses catching the sun light off it's reflective surface.

He then steps forward, revealing that he is a sasquatch. "Hi there, you're friends with Willow's right?"

How does he know this? More importantly, why is he talking to me?

"Urr, yeah and you are?"

"My apologies, I'm Samuel. Samuel Quinn."

"Nice to meet you but I'm kinda in a rush so......."

"Wait, please. I need your help." His calm demeanor quickly changing to desperation.

My eyes shift to his face with confusion.

"It's Willow. I see you both going to the same place everyday then leaving hours later."

"What's your point?"

"I want to ask her to the dance. You're her only friend, you can help me."

I am compelled to help him but the risk of this backfiring is too great. Then Willow'll probably hate me. I can't have that.

"I can't sor............."

"Please. I've had a crush on her since the 8th grade."

"The chances of you getting her to the dance is less than one percent, even less with you.."

"So I still got a shot. If you help me I'll do anything you want. You want money? Take all of mine."

"I just can't, sorry."

When he finally leaves I make my way back to campus. On the way I stop and the local game store, they just released "Stay Alive: While you Still Can". It's the sequel I've been dying to get.

I think back to what Samuel said. Maybe I lied when I said I can't.

I meet up with Catherine in her room.

We both sit on her bed as her roommate binge watches Wolf Diary, uninteresting in her surroundings.

"So, how was your..........."

"Do you want go to the dance with me?" She asks.

The Blood Dance.

It's held every year.

I've never attended. I never had a reason to, until now.

"Um...... Sure."

"Great."

The next day I scan through the cafeteria at lunch time.

There.

I make my way towards Samuel as he sits alone.

He's surprised. His reaction to my presence shows that he did not expect me to come, let alone take his offer.

"You got money right?"

"Yeah."

"If you can get me Stay Alive 2 then I'll help you."

"Really!?"

"Unfortunately."

"Deal." He grabs my hand, shaking it intensely as I try and pull back.

Now that I've dealt with that I make my way to Catherine. I see she's sitting with her friends.

Having me there would only embarrass her.

As I turn to head back to my safe space I hear her voice calling out my name.

She's inviting me over.

I slowly make my way towards there, trying to stay as calm as possible.

"This is Lycan, Lycan this is Susan and Tracy."

She's friends with a chupacabra and a manatar, how peculiar.

"So Lycan, you're taking her to the dance?"

"Um, that's the plan."

"How did you ask her?"

"Well Urr........"

"I actually asked him."

"Talk about equality."

"Maybe I should do that too."

"Maybe he could hook you up with Duncan."

After spending my entire lunch in complete agony I head towards my next class.

There I see Willow. We're both sit in the left corner of the class, next to the window viewing the quad.

"Hey, um....... So what are the chances of you actually going to the dance?"
Willow: .............. Like less than one percent.

Called it. Though the way she paused before answering suggests that she really thought of her answer before replying.

Maybe the chances are higher.

"Why?" She asks. "Looking for a replacement?"

"No no. Just asking."