Chapter 31

With a flash of light Anja, Braiba and the princess appeared in the middle of the forest, far from their home.

"Where are we?" asked the princess.

"I'm not sure, I used my magic to take us far away from the Dark Sorcerer but I have no clue where it would take us" said Braiba.

"Send me back home" said Anja with anger and bitterness in his voice as he spoke.

"I can't Anja" said Braiba.

Anja's eyes then began to glow like lightning, filled anger and rage, and then with his thunderous voice he spoke, "I'm not going to repeat myself sister. Take me home, NOW!!!!"

Tears fell down from Braiba's eyes upon seeing the rage, bitterness and anger in her brother's eyes knowing that at that very moment her brother hated her with every fiber of his being.

Tari, seeing the pain in Braiba's eyes as Anja spoke to her bitterly, went to her side to console her and then said to Anja, "stop this now Anja, can't you see you're hurting her. She already told you that she won't take you back there so stop insisting for to do so".

Anja then turned to the Tari, looking at the princess with rage filled eyes that were now glowing like lightning before saying, "this does not concern you princess. We are not in you kingdom, we are in the forest miles away from your fallen homeland. Here, you are nothing but a little powerless girl".

A small tear fell down from Tari's eyes as Anja had just reminded her about her fallen kingdom and the home she was forced to flee from.

But Anja, after reminding the princess about her fallen home was not done with her, not being satisfied with reminding her of what she had lost, he wanted to add salt in her wounds by saying, "this is all you and your father's fault. Not only did our parents die protecting your father and your kingdom but the Dark Sorcerer came after us only because we allowed you to stay in our home. You and your family bring about misery and pain much more than any curse or plague could".

The princess upon hearing everything Anja said broke down in tears, feeling her heart completely break and shatter in to a million pieces, Anja worse hurt more than any form physical pain that could ever be inflicted upon a person, putting her in a state of pain no words can describe.

Anja looked at Tari without even an ounce of remorse or regret in over what he said about the princess but then as he watched as the princess's tears fall down from her eyes, he felt something hit his cheek with a force so great it echoed through the entire force.

Anja, now holding the cheek turned to see who was responsible for that great slap on his face.

To his surprise, he saw none other than Braiba looking at his with a look of shock and disappointment.

"Is this how our parents raised you brother, to treat person with some much anger and hatred. I actually glad mother and father are dead, at least they aren't here to see the disappointment you've become as a son" said Braiba pointing at Tari who was still crying due to painful things Anja said about her and her family.

Anja then looked at Tari and saw the state she was in, broken and miserable because of those few words he told her.

He then realized what he had done and upon doing so he bowed down his head in shame.

His eyes stopped glowing and with a weak and trembling voice he spoke, saying, "I didn't mean to..."

Anja could not even finish his sentence, the shame he felt over his action would not allow him.