Chapter 8

Alaelra just stood there staring at a man with red glowing red eyes resembling that of a demon with a dark pale sickly skin that gave him the appearance of walking corpse, and as Alaelra locked eyes with the man felt a great deal fear and shock rush through her as his face was one she thought he would never have the unfortunate fate of seeing again, for he was the Dark Sorcerer, a twisted and wicked sorcerer corrupted by dark magic.

"What's wrong sorceress, why are you so scared" said the man as he took a few steps closer to her.

"Stay away from me you monster" said Alaelra as she tried to use her magic to protect herself and push the dark sorcerer away from her.

The man just smiled before simply snapping his fingers, a wave of dark magic then flowed out of his body and in to Alaelra.

Alaelra began to scream and shout out of pain as she felt the dark magic flow through her entire body, inflicting immense pain upon her.

The dark sorcerer just stood there with a smile on his face while he watched as Alaelra screamed and suffered from the pain his dark magic brought her.

"You know I could kill you right now sorceress" said the man was walked up to her and placed his hand on the side her cheek.

"My powers have grown since the last time we met and I am not the same sorcerer you and your husband The Storm Maker fought all those years" said the man as he looked Alaelra straight in the eyes with his horrifying red demon eyes.

"Don't worry sorceress I won't kill you, even though it would be so easy to do it right. No, I will let you live so you can warn everyone in Buganbal that I the Dark Sorcerer is coming to paint the streets on Buganbal red with their blood" said the man before he went to Alaelra's ear and whispered softly, "and this time I will do much more than kill the king".

Then one of the man fingers began to glow red with dark magic, and then, just because he loved inflicting and suffering placed the finger on Alaelra's cheek and caused small tired then formed on her cheek with blood sipping out of it.

The dark sorcerer then began to laugh like a mad man while Alaelra looked at him as she continued to scream in pain.

Then with a snap of his finger everything with dark for a brief moment before Alaelra opened her eyes and realized she was back in the room inside the palace.

Alaelra then touched the side of her cheek the sorcerer and hissed in pain.

The tear on the side of her cheek caused by the dark sorcerer's dark magic was still there.

Afini, sensing something wrong opened the door to check on Alaelra.

"Are you okay?" asked Afini as he went to Alaelra.

"What happened?" asked Afini, worried upon seeing the wound on the side of Alaelra's cheek.

"The Dark Sorcerer has returned" said Alaelra.

Afini became filled with fear and horror once he heard what Alaelra said.

Delamu then walked and upon seeing the horror upon both Afini and Alaelra's faces he knew the issue must be dire.

"What's wrong?" asked Delamu.

Afini and Alaelra looked at each other unsure of what to tell Delamu.

They were too filled with fear to utter any word as the thought of the Dark Sorcerer returning frightened them too much to speak

Afini finally broke the uncomfortable silence around them by sighing and saying "something bad is coming".