Chapter 16

Alaelra slowly opened her eyes and regained her consciousness.

She then saw Delamu lying down on conscious on the floor not too far from her.

She then got up from the bed and went to Delamu and used her magic to revive him and help him regain consciousness.

"What happened, why are you on the floor?" asked Alaelra to Delamu.

Delamu then began to recall how Afini attacked him and struck with a lightning bolt.

"It was Afini, he attacked me for some reason" said Delamu.

Alaelra then remember Afini and how his eyes glowed red before he kissed and struck her down with his lightning.

"It's the Dark Sorcerer, somehow he managed to get into Afini's mind and take control over him" said Alaelra.

"That's terrible news. That demon was already immensely powerful with a literal army of monsters and now that he has a storm maker under his control there's no telling what he can do" said Delamu with a mix of fear and worry.

Alaelra then began to sense something that filled her with fear and terror, even sending a cold chill down her spine; it was the presence of the Dark Sorcerer she sensed nearby, inside that castle.

"The Dark Sorcerer, he's here" said Alaelra with a fear and terror in her eyes.

Delamu felt the same was as her, the Dark Sorcerer's magic was too strong for them and with a heart so cold and lifeless he was far worse than any monster Delamu faced in his youth and that utterly terrified him right down to his core.

"Come, we have to find the king, if the Dark Sorcerer gets to him there is no telling what he would do to him" said Delamu.

Alaelra nodded her head, agreeing with Delamu that they had to find the king before the Dark Sorcerer little did they know the Dark Sorcerer already has not only the king but his daughter as well.

Alaelra and Delamu they then left the room in search of the king.

The first place Delamu thought to look was the king was his daughter's room knowing he would want to be with her to protect her from any threat that came towards her.

He then took Alaelra to Tari's room hoping to find both the king and Tari the king's daughter there but once they reached there they gasped in shock and horror upon.

The room was a mess with scorch masks on the walls and ground.

They then saw Afini on the ground unconscious covered score marks and a few injuries.

"Afini" said Alaelra as she rushed to him with tears in her eyes.

Delamu then looked up to the roof and saw a massive hole there.

Delamu then realized what must have happened, he then turned to Alaelra and saw that she was about to heal Afini from his wounds and possible help him regain consciousness.

Delamu then went to her and stopped her from healing him.

"What are you doing Delamu, I have to heal him" said Alaelra.

"I can't let you" said Delamu.

"What? But he is you friend, someone you consider a brother. Why don't you want me to heal him?" asked Alaelra shocked and confused as to why Delamu was stopping her from healing Afini.

"What you say is true and it is because of the friendship I and Afini share I cannot let you heal him" said Delamu.

"But why?" asked Alaelra.