CHAPTER 12 - Another Day, Another Lesson

Start from the beginning

One of them that saw me suddenly spoke to me. I just scratched the back of my head while smiling at her.

"Aigooo...still so very young but in the hospital already? Are you bored in your room? Come and watch tv with us"

Tv? What is tv? And there I see them looking at the  square shaped objects on the wall...but I see people and voices coming out from it as well. Is this what they call tv?

"Come and sit here"

One of them offered a chair for me to sit.

"Aigooooo, son...why are you so skinny? Here, have some sunflower seeds. Eat with us"

I take one of it as they hand me the sunflower seeds. Hmmm..how do I eat this? I watched them as they ate the seeds before trying it myself.

Hmm...not bad I see...

And.... that's how I ended up here for hours and hours. We've laughed, we've cried and so own watching what they called as a drama there in the tv. This thing that they called as tv is actually fire. I love it.

I spent half of my day there. They also give me food. They are so kind, even when the old lady family visited there they also welcomed my presence there. 

Even though I can't talk properly, they are still trying to chat with me. Even tell me some stories about their life. It was actually fun listening to them and I think I learned a lot today.

I don't even realize that it is already evening now. Guess the old lady that I met yesterday was right...time passes quickly and flies before my eyes here.

As I was sitting down there in the chair beside this one old lady bed, a nurse came in.

"How do you feel today Mrs. Shima?"

Mrs. Shima? Is that what her name is? Now after I watched the tv, I can now pay much attention and understand what people around me are saying.

"I'm doing great nurse.."

Mrs. Shima then smiles at the nurse.

"I'm sorry that no one is visiting you today. But I still can take you out for an evening walk if you want"

The nurse says again to Mrs.Shima.

"It's okay, my son must be busy with his family now..."

As she said those words, I quickly raised up my arm.

"Hurm? What is it Chawarin?"

The nurse knows me of course... I pointed at Mrs. Shima then I pointed at myself again.

"Would you like to accompany Mrs. Shima for a walk?"

When the nurse said that to me I quickly nodded my head.

"I'm really glad to have him accompany me nurse"

Mrs. Shima answered the nurse again.

And that's how I end up here in the hospital backyard. It was 5 in the evening, the dimed sunlight can be seen across the sky.

I pushed her wheelchair as she sat on it. I'm not quite sure about the way here, so Mrs. Shima will point out where I should bring her.

After I pushed her wheelchair for quite awhile, she then asked me to go to the bench that was not too far away from where we are now.

After I brought her there, she said that she wants to sit there so I helped her walk to the bench. And after that I also joined to sit there beside her, looking at the orange painted sky.

"Thank you son..."

She said as she looked at me with a warm smile forming on her face. I nodded my head and returned a smile to her.

"I'm so happy that you want to help me today...you kinda remind me of my son..."

I tilted my head to her just after she said that to me.

"Hahaha...Well I have a son but...he barely came and visited me here...now that he has his own family to raise, even a kid... He must be busy, I totally understand that"

She smiled slightly but... somehow I sense the sadness behind her words. I take out my pen and paper.

'do you miss him?'

" Do I miss him? Of course I do... and I do hope that he can visit me often. Seeing you today, reminds me a lot of my son when he was young"

'Why don't ask him to come?'

I write again and hand her the paper. After she read what I wrote there, a single drop of tears fell down from her eyes as she laughed.

"I really would like to...but ...I don't want to trouble him... because I love my son so much, I know that he was tired coming back from work...and also have a family to take care of... I don't want to stress him out by worrying about his old lady here"

I looked at her as her tears one by one fell nonstop from her eyes. Somehow my heart feels like it has been crushed seeing her crying like that.

"The least I can do is to not complain..."

Without me realising it, I feel something falling down from my eyes. When she sees me like that, she smiled at me as she wiped the warm tears that came out of my eyes.

"It's none of your concern son... as you can see I was doing fine here... Plus, you just fulfilled my longing to my son. And for that I want to thank you "

Did I?

To be continued...

Don't forget to leave a vote!
Next chap?
⬇️