Chapter 48

Hey Guys!! 👋👋
-----------------------------------

"Humne sab sun liya hai." Ammi said as she entered the kitchen, Pushpa Ji followed right behind her. Ammi walked towards Haseena, each step with more intensity than the last. The time was going painfully slow for her, Haseena's fear of losing her mother increased with each step, she knew this day was going to come, heck she had practised it a thousand times. But there was no version in her mind, where she didn't lose her mother. In every version she explained to her, begged her, tried to persuade her, but in every version the result was the same. In every version, no matter who was present, who loved her, her mother was never there with her to celebrate. Her mother, who was the first person she thought of when she was sad, happy, angry, no matter the emotion, her mother was the first person she would pour her heart out to, but when it came to the most important emotion of them all; Love, she could never share it with her mother, couldn't even imagine doing it. Seeing her mother every step towards her was the same as seeing the distance increase between them. Every step closer to her was Haseena's each step away from her mother's heart.

(I have heard everything)

Haseena couldn't take it anymore, everything around her was going silent and dead. The only thing she could hear was her raging heartbeat. Haseena shut her eyes close, watching the distance increase between them was becoming unbearable, it was pure torture, one she didn't deserve at all. Her hands trembling with fear, her legs just a moment away before caving in. All she wanted was this moment to stop right away, and the time to go back to when she entered the house, at that moment when she had it all.

Karishma saw Haseena trembling in fear, so she gently slid her hand and intertwined her hands with Haseena's. She gave it a gentle squeeze, assuring Haseena that she was there with her. The squeeze brought Haseena back from her fears to reality, but the reality was no different than her fears, the only thing was that she wasn't alone anymore, she had someone to lean on and take courage from. Karishma gave her strength. Haseena just looked towards Karishma with a soft smile and then right ahead towards her mother with resoluteness.

Ammi stood in front of them, she looked at them both and then the way they were holding hands. This was the first time Karishma feared Ammi. They both couldn't figure out what was going to happen next. The only thing that they both were sure of is that no matter what happens they are together and no matter what happens their love for each other will always find a way to make everything right again.

"Dono haath se pitengi inhe." Both Zahir and Sunita thought at the same time, when they saw Ammi raise her hands in the air. Everyone was silently waiting for Ammi to strike. Sunita and Zahir wanted to stop Ammi, but at the same time it was something between Haseena and her, and they couldn't intervene. Everyone was surprised when Ammi kept her hands on their shoulders and sighed in relief.

(She will hit them with both her hands)

The moment Ammi kept her hand on their shoulder, it was as if Karishma got a moment of clarity, she got out of her fear and started saying, "Ammi aap please- "but before she could continue Ammi put her palm in front of her face, indicating to her to stop. The room started feeling heavy again, any courage that Zahir and Sunita had built up to support their friends had gone out of the window. No one had seen Ammi so serious, and no one knew what to do.

Ammi again place her hand on Karishma's shoulder and said, " Pushpa tum sharat haar gayi, humne kaha tha na yeh dono aapne pyaar ka izhaar kar hi lenge, aur woh bhi hamare wapas laut ne se pehle." And just laughed a hearty laugh, lighting up the room instantly.

(Pushpa you lost the bet, I told you that will propose to each other before we go back to Lucknow)

Pushpa ji just shook her head in dejection and said, "Yeh meri nalayak beti ne mujhe haara hi diya. Thoda ruk jaati... Ab waise bhi itne dino se yeh Haseena ko pyaar bhari nazro se aur woh hindi movie ke sharmili heroine ke tarah chup chupke dekh rahi thee, ab bas ek hi din ko baat thi par nahi isse toh mera nuksan karne mein maza aata hai. "