Chapter 36

Hey Guys 👋👋

----------------------------

Karishma found herself in a restless state, unable to find solace in the embrace of sleep. Her mind was consumed by a whirlwind of questions that plagued her thoughts, rendering any attempt at rest futile. As the night wore on, she found herself pacing back and forth within the confines of her room, desperately seeking respite from the relentless inquiries that tormented her.

"Hum kabse yeh soch rahe hai, par humme samaj hi nahi aa raha hai. Mujhe pehle laga ki Zahir ke wajah se woh humse aise behave kar rahi hai. Par Di jo keh rahi hai uss hisab se toh woh possible nahi hai. Toh ab aisi kaunsi wajah hai ki woh humse aisa behave kar rahi hai." Karishma thought to herself.

(I have been thinking since long back, but I can't understand it at all, I thought at first it was because of Zahir but according to what DI informed me that's not possible. Then what could be the reason?)

Karishma went and sat on her bed and thought, "Agar unhe firse dur bhi jaana ho because she is scared fir bhi woh dinner na serve kar yeh kaise possible hai. Matlab jab unhe saach pata chala tha tab bhi unhone aisa kuch karne ke baare mein socha nahi hoga toh ab kyun?"

(If she wanted to maintain her distance again because she is scared, still that doesn't justify her not serving me food. When she found out that I didn't love her even then she never thought about doing something like this, then why now?)

The silence surrounding her became deafening, magnifying the intensity of her thoughts. The questions that haunted her mind grew louder, invading her consciousness with an unwavering persistence. They echoed through her very being, bouncing off the walls of her room, amplifying her anxiety and leaving her no respite from their incessant presence.

"Yaar, hamara toh sar phata jaa raha hai soch soch ke, Aadhe pagal toh hum pehle se thee aur baaki bacha dimag bhi aaj hi kharach hojayega. Haseena ko samajhte samajhte hum mental hospital zarur pohch jayenge.Chalo chai peeke aate hai, thoda toh aaram milega. Ab toh Shivji hi yeh paheli buja sakte hai. Hamara toh dimag poora kharch ho gaya hai." Karishma said and exited the room to go towards the kitchen.

(I am tired from thinking about all this. I will go crazy if I just keep on thinking about this, I will never understand Haseena. Let's go and have some tea, only Shiv Ji can solve this riddle now. I am spent.)

Karishma went in the kitchen and started making the tea. She was busy adding sugar to the tea when she heard the main door open. She quickly glanced at the time on her phone, it was 3 am in the morning, the entire house was dark with moonlight seeping through the windows, casting eerie shadows that danced across the walls; She got alerted and quickly grabbed the knife from the kitchen counter as a safety precaution. With slow and steady steps, she got out of the kitchen hiding herself from the intruder but trying to analyze the situation. She tried to see who it was, but darkness made it really difficult to figure it out. She saw the figure go up the stairs and Karishma trailed behind.

"Iski maiyaan ki saasu maiya, police walon ke ghar mein chori karne ki himmat karta hai. Ek baar raange hathon pakadenge toh itna marenge na isse. Iski rooh se bhi sirf eko hi awaz niklegi Daaroga ji toh bahut dekhe par tumse na dekha" Karishma thought to herself.

(How dare he steal from a cop's house. I will beat him blue and black once he gets caught in the act.)

Karishma was hiding on the staircase waiting for the thief to go into one of the rooms, but to her surprise the thief went towards the terrace. "Yeh upar ki taraf kahan ja raha hai? Wahan isse kya milega?"

(Why is he going upstairs? What will he get over there?)

With her heart pounding, Karishma stealthily entered the terrace and caught sight of the thief entering the storage room. As the moonlight cast eerie shadows around them, she approached the room with caution, her grip on the knife tightening. Positioning herself by the door to eavesdrop so she could gather more information without getting caught. "Yeh storage room toh locked hai. Yeh yahan kahan jaa raha hai?" Karishma thought to herself.