Chapter 38

Hey Guys!! 👋👋

-------------------------------------------------

"Hello, Madam, humme ek jagah mili hai jahan Maddam Sir ke hone ke chances hai, par kyunki yeh alag shehar hai toh mujhe zyada detailed access nahi hai database ka. But aap jahan hai wahan se 30 min ki duri pe ek jagah hai, jiski aas paas gilli meeti hone ke chances hai aur plus railway tracks bhi near by hai." Santosh said on the call.

(I have a rough idea about where Maddam Sir could be. At 30 minutes distance there is a location that satisfies the requirements.)

Karishma thanked Santosh and quickly started riding her bike towards the destination, with help of Santosh guidance. To confirm the location Karishma also asked Billu's network to double check the information. Karishma reached the 30 minutes distance in 20. She looked at the house in front of her. It was a quant house, nothing that seemed out of the ordinary. Karishma went towards the door to go in and found that it was locked. All the windows were closed as well and there seemed no other entry route. Karishma looked around but there were no footprints and the settled dust near the windows and door indicated that the door or window hadn't been opened in a while. Karishma could smell the wet mud but was this really the place there was no way to check that. Still knowing that Santosh information is always checked and thorough and also Billu's network confirmed it, so she decided to look around the house one more time. She went and checked the back of the house, and the situation was similar to the front of the house, settled dust.

"Yeh ghar nahi ho sakta hai. Yeh ghar toh used bhi nahi hai. Urmi toh keh rahi thi, ke bahut saare aadmi thee security ke liye. Ghar ki halat dekh ke toh lag raha hai ki koi chuha bhi ghar ke andar na gussa ho. "Karishma thought to herself.

(It can't be this house, this house isn't even used. I think I am at the wrong house.)

Karishma didn't want to waste anymore time on this dead lead, so she turned to leave when suddenly she noticed something shiny on the ground. Sun light bouncing off its reflective surface. Karishma was surprised to see something like that near the abandoned house and also in middle of a forest. Karishma slowly bent down to pick it up while constantly surveying the situation. It was an empty shell of a bullet. Seeing the shell Karishma panicked, she became restless. Was Haseena hurt, someone shot her? Karishma was an SI, and she knew how to keep a level head in situations like these but the thought of losing Haseena like these made her eyes numb. Her legs grew weak and for a moment her step faltered and her hand that was holding the hand shivered. Her heartbeat increased with each second and sweat beads formed at her temple. She closed her eyes and started taking deep breaths to calm herself down. Right now, Haseena needed her, and she was going to be there for her. She placed her hand on her heart and thought about what Haseena would want for her to do at a time like this. Haseena would want her to be strong and fearless, like she always is, and she would want her to save Urmi's brother, who had been caught in all this with no fault of his own. She wouldn't want her to be weak and emotional right now. With a stable and calm mind, she started looking on the ground for any more clues.

She was walking around when suddenly her step on the ground sounded hollow. Karishma was surprised at that, so she quickly stepped on the ground with little more force to have a clearer sound. It was again the same hollow sound. Karishma quickly swept the leaves on the ground to get a clear picture of what could be beneath her feet. She saw a wooden door on the ground, Karishma examined the door and realized that it was sturdier than a normal storage door that you often found in old houses, where they used underground space as a storage to store large amount of harvest or seeds for future plantation. Karishma found the handle of the door and tried opening it by force but that was of no use. Karishma swept some more of leaves with her hands in a haste to quickly find any weak spot she could find to open the door. Suddenly, she noticed a digital lock near the door. Now her suspicions were confirmed, why would there be technologically advanced locks on the door at a place like this. She quickly called Santosh and described the lock to her. Santosh quickly found all the details regarding the lock from its make and model to its finer detail so that they could quickly unlock it. Santosh, through her research deduced that it was secured with a voice password, so now only the person who knows the specific phrase can unlock the door and no one else. Hearing this Karishma was enraged. There wasn't much time left and she didn't know if Haseena was bleeding or were her wounds treated, if something happened to Haseena, how would she handle Ammi.